Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine light problem

jhmc10

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 ve sv6
on the way home from work the check engine light came on in my 09 VE SV6, i pulled over to check the oil i the car and the engine wasn't over heating according to the gauge. i double checked the oil and the levels were fine. i got back into the car and started it, and it went back to normal all the on my 30 odd minute trip home. i haven't driven since so i don't know if it will do it again
should i be worried ???

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
This has nothing to do with Mace Engineering. Please make sure you post in the correct section....

Your check engine light coming on could mean anything.... from a failing O2 sensor, low battery voltage causing electrical issues, one of hundreds of sensors not working, to a full blown issue.

Take it to a mechanic and have them scan the error code and tell you what it is. No other way to tell, im sorry.l

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

MACE

Reaction score
on the way home from work the check engine light came on in my 09 VE SV6, i pulled over to check the oil i the car and the engine wasn't over heating according to the gauge. i double checked the oil and the levels were fine. i got back into the car and started it, and it went back to normal all the on my 30 odd minute trip home. i haven't driven since so i don't know if it will do it again
should i be worried ???
In regards to whether you should be worried or not, it would depend on the cause of the engine light from coming on in the first place. Regardless though, the next step would be to get the car scanned for fault codes.

Hope this helps.

Kindest Regards,
Steve