Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Light Showing

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Hey all

i got a 2008 ve commodore omega and my engine light came on tonight and im worried i did something to it, i checked the manual and it says it may need to replace something, maybe the o2 sensor so what problem could i face ?

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
dude, it could be anything! the engine light is just a general warning that you need to get it to the dealer pronto.

any symptoms?

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
we got some extended warranty for a extra fee and if its under $1500 it covers it...... So far no symtoms, still drivers normal like how it does

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
don't worry about the extended warranty. It should still be under manufacturer's warranty and shouldn't cost you a cent, regardless of how much work needs to be done. Don't continue to drive it though. That might give them a loophole to not honour the warranty.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
i dont remember anything about the manufactures warranty or is it just there without me knowing, i just got told about that extended warranty crap as i bought it at a governement auction

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
no overheating, and the engine hasnt entered 'limp home mode' at reduced power?
fluid levels still ok? oil and water?

if so I doubt its anything serious, but like tinny says.... dont be driving it too much until its checked. probably nothing serious, but the light has come on for a reason.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
all fluid levels and oil/water are good, no overheating or lose of power, it only happen like 3 hours ago, i drove thru a puddle before but slowly as the road was flooded and the exhaust touched the water and the belts made that squeeking noise when they get wet, thats about it.
i got all the service books stamped by the dealers which came with the car so thats no prob there and even 1 we did since owning it