Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Light?

`Aleks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black SSV
Hi there, im looking at buying this ve which has engine light showing on the dash and the center screen? i was told that the car has been sitting there for 36 days does anyone know if that is the reason why the light is on (battery issue)? the engine has oil, starts and runs normal?

If i could get a few responses asap would be great, thanks :boxing:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
normally it has a short msg about what the problem is or related to in the middle screen, does it go away after its been running for a while..?

`Aleks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black SSV
normally it has a short msg about what the problem is or related to in the middle screen, does it go away after its been running for a while..?

ah no it doesn't have any message and it doesn't turn off, i was told by 2 people it would be the battery that has caused it but (they said it should turn off after your drive it for abit), its at an auction so i cant drive the car, so its risky but it only has 49k kms on it.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
hmm is a bit of a risk, prob a good chance its just the battery but would be good to borrow a scantool and see what it is just incase even if they charge u $60 or so for the use could save u getting a worse problem later...

`Aleks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black SSV
yeah man might do it auction is 2moro tho so i dunno if they will allow to do any of that

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Could be something simple. More than likely is. CEL is usually just something to check not something badly wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2