Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine mount noise

mr_clubby96

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
hii im new to just commodores i was wondering if anyone can help me out ive got a nose cumin from the front off my car seems to be under the bonnet its a vs clubsport 5.0l 96 model i took it for a run today turned outta my street and i heard this constant knocking sound from the front but when i got my wheels straight it was fine its soo anoying 1x mechanic said my engine mounts are warn im getting a 2nd opinion so if sumone can help it will be great thanx:wax:

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
see if you can get a clunk when shifting from Drive to reverse if it is an auto.

mr_clubby96

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
i do champ the clunk appears from 1st gear n 2nd aswell not as much 3rd or 4th

holden_nut05

Reaction score
exactly what i had but mines manual.... look on ur drivers rocker cover mine was hitting the booster the engine was moving that much, i completly seperated mine...... you can look at the mount its self also.... if i would load the motor up in first and then just take away my foot it would slamm and clunk back down, 1st tio 2nd gear was bad, 3 - 4 still noticebale but not as bad.... it was moving so much that it broke my brake booster... cracked the main part and i lost my braking abilities also

mr_clubby96

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
it also seems i cant grab the revs when chaning gears cause of the knock seems like its loosing power

mr_clubby96

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
hey guys got my car checked out by my mechanic and we took it for a drive he said its seems like your front lower iner control arm bushes his gonna get back to me on a quote supply n fitted
i called kmac and got a rough estimate of a price he quoted $180 fitted also heavy duty nolathane if my mechanic cant beat the better price il mite aswell get it done at kmac :)