Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine mounts

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hey everyone, got a VP V6, went for E Safety inspection today, need new engine mounts. I knew i needed it done, but have been avoiding it because i was quoted $800, from Midas-:cry: But, instead he quoted me 120 for all 3 mounts, and $140 labour, so i don't really mind now. Are there just 3 mounts? I've had a look, but only real quick, and couldn't see the mounts, apart from the bolt and thread from underneath for the passenger side mount- Is it at all possible to replace them myself? if so what would i need to tackle it? i don't mind spending time, but if it's really difficult then yeah i'll just get him to do it.
Also on a similar note gearbox mounts, how many are there? and could i do them? Before anyone replies, searched- yes, results- no...so please just reply if you can genuinely help with advice, and thank you to those who can:thumbsup:

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
3mount sounds like the trans one aswell what you quoted (260) is a good price they're a prick of a job to do especially with aircon in the way

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i'll 2nd that ^^^^ if oyur not use to this type of work, get it done. that like a good price. as pub has said, it's a **** job. worse if you have headers also

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yeah thanks guy's i'll just get the mechanic to do it, it is a good price..

gdunkley84

I Have a Dent.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Sportswagon
I remember my mechanic saying it was a pain is the ass. Air-con has to come off.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yeah, it's a real pain to do on the V6 motors. If you're not mechanically adept, I'd be paying them to do it. That's not a terrible price.

You can get mounts cheaper, though. I picked up all three mounts for my V8 for $75, and installed them myself in about an hour. But then the V8 mount setup is far more user friendly :)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
there going in tommorow, so hopefully it all goes well. I thought $140 was way too cheap for both mounts and the gearbox mount, hopefully he dosent call me half way through and yeah......