Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine oil

holiday2

holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
i had my 15000 service done last week and i noticed they put castrol fmx magnatec 10w/30.Can anybody tell me if they use this oil and what they think of it.
thank you.
tony

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i use castrol fmx magnatec 10w/40 dunno if theres a difference or you did a typo,

no complaints about it but i put it in the car as soon as i bought it so i havnt really experienced anything different, next service im gonna give castrol edge ago.

commisme

iksayvz
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ6
Did u use the same brand of oil prior to getting ur service? im almost up 4 my sched serv 2 and was gonna ask the mechs wat brand and quality oil they used because if it wasnt a good one i was going to ask to supply my own,is this allowable or only they use wat they want?

Marzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Did u use the same brand of oil prior to getting ur service? im almost up 4 my sched serv 2 and was gonna ask the mechs wat brand and quality oil they used because if it wasnt a good one i was going to ask to supply my own,is this allowable or only they use wat they want?

From what I've read in the handbook that's supplied with the car, you can supply any consumable (oil, filters, plugs, etc, etc) to the dealer...

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
You can do whatever you like it's your car and they cannot dictate to you what to do.
I use holde oil 10w-30w GF3 as per book, I do it at home and tell them I don't want an oil change on the service.