Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine problems

Trident

trident
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Senator 250LS1
Hi all,

just last week my car decided to breakdown heading home after work, stopped at intersection car was running fine the next second the car started to shudde, lose revs and kick up the powertrain light followed by battery light then the car died. Tow truck required it would start but sounded very sick and it wouldn't hold it's revs. My garage had a look the next day in the afternoon and it started fine and seemed to be fine and no errors on computer any ideas to where i should start looking. It still shakes and drops revs then the car is warm but comes right after 10-15secs but i don't trust it. Help.
Cheers

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
coilpack, bad spark plug or lead

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
id start with spark plugs. then go to fuel filter as it sounds like a fuel pressure or an ignition source for the fuel system after that leads then after that coil packs after that fuel pump that should theoretically rule those out but theres alot of things it could be but for now id start with these

Last edited:

BrisbaneVTOwner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International Sportswagon II
This was a fairly common topic in 2009. See my post from 2009. Could be any number of things (check out some of the suggestions from back then).... I never got to the bottom of my problems

94CLUBBY

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 HSV CLUBSPORT NO.356
Hi all,

just last week my car decided to breakdown heading home after work, stopped at intersection car was running fine the next second the car started to shudde, lose revs and kick up the powertrain light followed by battery light then the car died. Tow truck required it would start but sounded very sick and it wouldn't hold it's revs. My garage had a look the next day in the afternoon and it started fine and seemed to be fine and no errors on computer any ideas to where i should start looking. It still shakes and drops revs then the car is warm but comes right after 10-15secs but i don't trust it. Help.
Cheers
Hi,sounds like the same sort of problem my VR SS had,what it would do is stop but then a the next day start and run fine for a day then same thing again,turned out to be the dizzy,replaced the electronics in the dizzy and its runnning perfect ,i know what you mean not trusting it as you don't want to be stuck in traffic,anyway goodluck

Trident

trident
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Senator 250LS1
Hi all thanks VERY much for your suggestions and options I will certainly follow up and get it looked at, all you guys have been a great help.Cheers