Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine problems ??

W8INL9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina Series 2
hey guys just a question here

Whenever i turn a corner going right, and put my foot down the car goes nowhere, doesnt rev just pretty much sits there untill i have turned out of the corner and am going straight again and it kicks in.. any1 kno what this problem is ?? it seems like when i turn right the fuel pump cuts out and doesnt send fuel in and thats why it pretty much doesnt do anything... but yea any1 got any ideas ??

Thanks

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Does the RPM drop?
Misfire?

I'd be looking for a bad earth, based on the very limited information you've supplied.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Could also be the fuel supply return hose in the tank - they can snap off or get damaged when the pump is renewed....will be more of a problem when on less than half a tank of fuel. What happens is the return hose supplies fuel to the swirl pot and when you turn a corner the fuel sloshes out of the swirl pot if the tank is less than 1/2 full......if above 1/2 the swirl pot is submerged. (pump sits in swirl pot)

W8INL9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina Series 2
yea the rpm drops or stays on like 2 grand and it crackles out the exhaust, and it happens with full tank and lower as well ??

W8INL9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina Series 2
any1 got any ideas ??

W8INL9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina Series 2
BUMP ** problem is gettin worst need some help... just 2 clarify when i turn right, rpm drops, back fires and crackles from the exhaust, and wont go anywhere but once out the turn its fine and turning left its fine, any1 got any ideas HELP !!!

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
BUMP ** problem is gettin worst need some help... just 2 clarify when i turn right, rpm drops, back fires and crackles from the exhaust, and wont go anywhere but once out the turn its fine and turning left its fine, any1 got any ideas HELP !!!

As my previous post states, the problem probably lies with the fuel return pipe inside the tank being busted or missing....this is a common problem. If the swirl pot is also damaged the problem will occur. Also could be something in the tank blocking the pickup filter or blocking the fuel return hose. Your symptoms are classic for this problem (but that ain't no guarantee). All you need to do is read up on this forum on how to remove the fuel pump - then inspect it - if it all looks OK then fair enough. Costs nothing to look.