Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine problems

andrewgrazier

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT COMMODORE 50th ANNIVERSARY
i dont know whats wrong with it but the engine all of a sudden is running really ****. its extreemly rough n i have just replaced all the engine leads and spark plugs n it stil feels like its got bad leads.
or water in the distributor or somthing but it dosent look like water can get in those 3 blocks
what ellse can i check,
the only other thing i have done is replaced the oil.
is it possible i put too much in ?

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
you could start by telling us what engine it is?.....V6 or V8.... i presume its V6.... and NO, it doesnt have a distributor.... V6 has 3 coil packs... make sure you got the new leads going to the right plugs.... the plug numbers should be on each coil pack... 1 coil pack fires to 2 plugs.... you could have fuel problems... blocked fuel filter... stuffed fuel pump.... you might even have a stuffed harmonic balancer... when they start to crack and stuff your engines runs eratic because harmonic balancer sends signals to ignition sensors which are located near it... try taking out ECU fuse for 5 to 10 mins then replace it and try the engine or discon the battery earth for 5 to 10 minutes... take out the ECU fuse is better....

andrewgrazier

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah it is a v6 model.
i saw the 3 coil pack things
im sure that ive got all the leads in the right place as i ran the leads one at a time. and i know the leads were right before that even thoguh it started stuffing up.
i will have a look at the fuel filter n see if i can replace it with something
ive got a spare one from a old ford whcih i think will work

andrewgrazier

Reaction score
Members Ride
ive checked it and its on fine

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Just wondering how you went with the rough running, like what was the problem.