Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Rebuild...

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
It is pretty rare to blow a head gasket if it is N/A but blown is a problem alot of people have with them they really need ARP head studs and good gaskets.

I am looking into rebuilding aswell, i got some prices on bored out block and slightly bigger pistons so forth, but if you rebuilding may as well throw in a cam and headwork while your there :p

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
$1,000 for rebuilding an engine, is that with stock parts? I wanna do it mainly to learn and get an engine running like brand new, not aiming for super performance

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
if its not a totally clapped out engine just rings,bearings gaskets and oil filter are enough. gasket kit should have valvestem seals etc.but even just them parts add up.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
get a VRS kit for it, all gaskets/seals, and do the bottom end,

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
hey guys thanks for the replies .. i was on the net to see if it was worth rebuilding or just getting a new 6... check this out Home Page there should be a 200kw long engine that will suit a VN... just looking but what would u guys recon... i have no intentions of getting rid of my car soo... i could also charge something like this later on...

I HAVE THAT MOTOR IN MY VP ITS VERY GOOD FOR A 6:thumbsup:

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
hey guys thanks for the replies .. i was on the net to see if it was worth rebuilding or just getting a new 6... check this out Home Page there should be a 200kw long engine that will suit a VN... just looking but what would u guys recon... i have no intentions of getting rid of my car soo... i could also charge something like this later on...

man, there was a thread about 1 week ago on this exact same topic (performance v6s i mean, not rebuilding), even about the exact same website. come on! that engine costs $6590.00. it's a VERY bad way to spend your money, considering you can get a 320kw+ 355 stroker for $5995 here.

and you can't just 'charge something like this later on'. life doesn't work that way. for a 200kw v6, you'd be expecting high comp. high comp is bad for chargers, because you can't have much boost. if you plan to charge an engine, then you build it with low comp to suit.

Thorny32

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
rebuild can be done wenever u feel like or wen it just decides not to go anymore

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
it shouldn't take to long if ya got the tools i can safely tare down a v6 in 4 and a half hours but ive had practice i can put one back together in about the same time and yeh i want the pavtec capri