Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine replacement

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You could grab a can of areostart and spray it in the TB while cranking to see if it fires up. Could also try a sauce bottle and squirt some fuel into the TB while cranking. The latter works on early Buick not sure if the same would work on an Eco with the plenum on top.

Trev721

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore
Well fuel is wet, so yes.

Have a listen to the #1 injector for a clicking sound which indicates it is being order to operate by the ECU.
If you hear it and your #1 plug is still dry, well that indicates no fuel is squirting into the cylinder.
In that case it can mean your injector is blocked or no fuel in in the fuel rail (pump not working, line blocked, ect, etc).

But you haven't mentioned any detail about where you sourced the replacement motor and from what vehicle. If the replacement motor was sitting unused, all the injectors could be blocked, bugs could have crawled into the fuel rail (if it was disconnected)or a myriad of things could be wrong. Maybe the motor never worked. So was the repalcement engine running, did you hear it runing, did you check everything before the install or just plonk it in and hope for the best?

Not meaning to sound harsh as i'm sure things were done but it's difficult to advise/help without knowing any background to the problem or history of what you've done to correct the issue. More info will be helpful.
Im so sorry for not giving more information i replacement the motor from other vy unfortunately I didn't here the motor run i just took a chance on the motor this what i have done i have replaced all the fuel injection all spark plugs lends so i just don't understand i have never had this problem in the past

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Does it turn over?
Have you used your original sensors/ignition parts or those from the donor engine?
Have you touched or disconnected the PCM or BCM?

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
If you still have your old engine swap over the crank angle sensor and dfi.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Im so sorry for not giving more information i replacement the motor from other vy unfortunately I didn't here the motor run i just took a chance on the motor this what i have done i have replaced all the fuel injection all spark plugs lends so i just don't understand i have never had this problem in the past
I wasn’t having a go at you, just trying to highlight that it’s more efficient with details in the original post.

Anyway, not across VY in detail but I’ve read that there is an immobiliser system within the car. If the BCM, ECU, keys and maybe other parts not paired correctly, then engine will crank but not start. In this instance the injector pulse is cut and you won’t hear injector clicking so fuel won’t get into the cylinder even though 5he pump may be working and fuel is in the fuel rail. You’ll also see a red key symbol lamp flash in the instrument cluster.

If the above is what you’re experiencing then more detail is needed about what, if any of these mentioned parts were swapped and from which vehicle. In any case this thread goes into aspects of this so best to have a read through the thread for background even though no real solution is presented.