Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine replacement

Trev721

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore
Hi im new to this site so here gos i have 04 vy commodore i just released cooked my motor so i have replaced it & now i cant get the car started i have checked all the wiring the fuel pump is working just don't want to start so has anyone got any ideas what I should do thank you for your help

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
V6 or V8?

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Are you getting spark?
Are the injectors spraying fuel?
Fuel lines on the right way?

Trev721

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore
Are you getting spark?
Are the injectors spraying fuel?
Fuel lines on the right way?
Yes the fuel lines are on right as far as i know im getting spark & sure the injections are working

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
What are the spark plugs like are they fouled.

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Could be, Lift the fuel rail with the injectors still in the rail and turn the ignition on to see they are spraying, put down paper towel or rags so fuel doesn't go every where.

Trev721

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore
Could be, Lift the fuel rail with the injectors still in the rail and turn the ignition on to see they are spraying, put down paper towel or rags so fuel doesn't go every where.
Thank you so much for your help i will give that a go

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I have taken number 1 out & it was dry so does that mean the injections are not working
Well fuel is wet, so yes.

Have a listen to the #1 injector for a clicking sound which indicates it is being order to operate by the ECU.
If you hear it and your #1 plug is still dry, well that indicates no fuel is squirting into the cylinder.
In that case it can mean your injector is blocked or no fuel in in the fuel rail (pump not working, line blocked, ect, etc).

But you haven't mentioned any detail about where you sourced the replacement motor and from what vehicle. If the replacement motor was sitting unused, all the injectors could be blocked, bugs could have crawled into the fuel rail (if it was disconnected)or a myriad of things could be wrong. Maybe the motor never worked. So was the repalcement engine running, did you hear it runing, did you check everything before the install or just plonk it in and hope for the best?

Not meaning to sound harsh as i'm sure things were done but it's difficult to advise/help without knowing any background to the problem or history of what you've done to correct the issue. More info will be helpful.