Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine revving by itself

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
So I had a retune done and it's still doing this kicking down gears on steep descents. The tuner says it's supposed to do it?

I also did read in the money about "Powertrain braking" where the car will downshift to keep the revs up on steep descents.

Is it really that the car is supposed to do this?
Yes it is supposed to do this. My SV6 has always done it. If it annoys you just flick it to manual mode and control what gear it’s in, that’s what I do.

Dozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2004
Yes it is supposed to do this. My SV6 has always done it. If it annoys you just flick it to manual mode and control what gear it’s in, that’s what I do.

I do remember you saying that in this thread a while back.

I still don't remember it being this "harsh" before I had the headers and cats fitted.

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
It sounds like the tranny tune is no good. Are you in sports mode when this happens? Or just in drive? I'd get the trans tune looked at.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I do remember you saying that in this thread a while back.

I still don't remember it being this "harsh" before I had the headers and cats fitted.
Is it possible that your perceiving it as harsher because the exhaust is louder now?