Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine seized

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Will try the spark plug thing thanks
Car was brought by me at age 14
Thrashed it like a little idiot then left it to sit after the clutch went
Cheers
Will let you know what I end up doing

After all the suggestions posted thanks for finally telling us it was you who parked the car. So its thrashed ? and a broken clutch ?, well there might be your engine not turning over problem, plus maybe moisture/rust has settled inside motor if car is stored outside especially on dirt/grass. Hopefully if engine was running when parked you should be able to turn it eventually.

Try taking complete clutch and gearbox out since it has to be repaired anyways and then try turning the engine. If no good, mix a solution 50/50 of auto trans fluid and acetone and as figjam mentioned, pour into spark plug holes and let it sit overnight, then try turning next day. The solution dissolves rust/scum better than wd40. Good luck but sounds like maybe something broke if you say thrashed, time to take it out, open up and inspect any damage from the thrashing. good luck :)

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
VIN owes me a replacement engine he knowingly sold me....He admitted it, then moved house....I have attempted to solve the issue via PM's, but he keeps avoiding them...He disappears off the forum for a bit, then comes back....Unfortunately this is the way to call him out over it

Wow great story @vc commodore .....
Just setting the record straight here so everyone knows straight from me
Sorry I can’t help you in any way, You’re talking about SOMEONE ELSE and for some reason your saying all these things on here.

I HAVE NO PM’S IN THE INBOX FROM YOU, NOTHING IN MY ALERTS EITHER.... Last PM conversation from you was when I asked you some questions way back in jan or feb from memory, so again I don’t know what your ranting on about.

If what you said happened and you’re genuinely looking for someone, well the car scene in Adelaide is small and everyone knows everyone, Post on here the PERSON’S NAME and hopefully someone can give you some info to help your whatever situation your trying to resolve.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Wow great story @vc commodore .....
Just setting the record straight here so everyone knows straight from me
Sorry I can’t help you in any way, You’re talking about SOMEONE ELSE and for some reason your saying all these things on here.

I HAVE NO PM’S IN THE INBOX FROM YOU, NOTHING IN MY ALERTS EITHER.... Last PM conversation from you was when I asked you some questions way back in jan or feb from memory, so again I don’t know what your ranting on about.

If what you said happened and you’re genuinely looking for someone, well the car scene in Adelaide is small and everyone knows everyone, Post on here the PERSON’S NAME and hopefully someone can give you some info to help your whatever situation your trying to resolve.

Good attempt to pass it off VIN....I tried to keep it off a public forum, but P`M's went unanswered since the 28th of January.....And conveniently when this pm was sent, no sign of you until the 1/5...Even sent one when you were still online Saturday 3/5...You have been called out, now time for you to man up and settle the debt...

Oh and yes the car scene is small in this state....I have people looking out for you, so keep hiding...

Last edited:

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
@vc commodore ...Stop posting rubbish that isn’t related to or help the OP in any way.

Like I said in my last post on here, NO PM CONVERSATION SENT OR RECEIVED FROM YOU TO MY INBOX @ VIN999 as I am typing this post right here right now, NOT EVEN ON SAT 3/5 AS YOU STATED, ACTUALLY MY CALENDER HAS THE 3/5 AS SUNDAY.... either your pc is old,cactus, not working correctly or your doing something funny or your just OUTRIGHT LYING, fix that bit and I’m sure the rest will fall into place for you. Good luck

Whatever your going on about/agenda, Post the PERSON’S NAME on here for all to see, if you had any dealings with that person in REAL LIFE ....... I know Abso’*******’lutely AIN’T GOING TO BE MY NAME that’s for sure ..... If you CAN’T post name for whatever EXCUSE YOU MAKE UP, then it’s saying something obvious.

PS: please everyone excuse my capitol font, I ain’t shouting, just making sure the truth is highlighted.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
@vc commodore ...Stop posting rubbish that isn’t related to or help the OP in any way.

Like I said in my l (which you have convenientlast post on here, NO PM CONVERSATION SENT OR RECEIVED FROM YOU TO MY INBOX @ VIN999 as I am typing this post right here right now, NOT EVEN ON SAT 3/5 AS YOU STATED, ACTUALLY MY CALENDER HAS THE 3/5 AS SUNDAY.... either your pc is old,cactus, not working correctly or your doing something funny or your just OUTRIGHT LYING, fix that bit and I’m sure the rest will fall into place for you. Good luck

Whatever your going on about/agenda, Post the PERSON’S NAME on here for all to see, if you had any dealings with that person in REAL LIFE ....... I know Abso’*******’lutely AIN’T GOING TO BE MY NAME that’s for sure ..... If you CAN’T post name for whatever EXCUSE YOU MAKE UP, then it’s saying something obvious.

PS: please everyone excuse my capitol font, I ain’t shouting, just making sure the truth is highlighted.

So I post up your first name and we all know you're going to deny it is it, just like you are denying everything else. You are already admitting it...You put it in capital letters..Quote "I know Abso’*******’lutely AIN’T GOING TO BE MY NAME that’s for sure " Unquote

Someone on this forum trying to pin point you is near impossible, using your first name. Then again, did you give me your correct first name?

Lying....Facts...PM's sent 28/1, 12/3, 19/3, 25/3, 26/3, Thursday just gone, Saturday just gone, Sunday just gone, yesterday at 10.47 which you have again conveniently ignored, and another this morning.

It is also convenient you disappear from the forum from the 28/1 til the 12/3....More proof you are guilty.

Now just man up and make the arrangements to meet to fix the rip off you have done to me...It helps the OP, it helps clear your name and helps me with the motor you owe me.....

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Like I said in my last post on here, NO PM CONVERSATION SENT OR RECEIVED FROM YOU TO MY INBOX @ VIN999 as I am typing this post right here right now, NOT EVEN ON SAT 3/5 AS YOU STATED, ACTUALLY MY CALENDER HAS THE 3/5 AS SUNDAY.... either your pc is old,cactus, not working correctly or your doing something funny or your just OUTRIGHT LYING, fix that bit and I’m sure the rest will fall into place for you. Good luck

So I post up your first name and we all know you're going to deny it is it, just like you are denying everything else. You are already admitting it...You put it in capital letters..Quote "I know Abso’*******’lutely AIN’T GOING TO BE MY NAME that’s for sure " Unquote

Someone on this forum trying to pin point you is near impossible, using your first name. Then again, did you give me your correct first name?

Lying....Facts...PM's sent 28/1, 12/3, 19/3, 25/3, 26/3, Thursday just gone, Saturday just gone, Sunday just gone, yesterday at 10.47 which you have again conveniently ignored, and another this morning.

It is also convenient you disappear from the forum from the 28/1 til the 12/3....More proof you are guilty.

Now just man up and make the arrangements to meet to fix the rip off you have done to me

Maybe a mod such as @immortality can review the PMs and confirm who is telling the truth.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Who gives a FLICK?

Back to topic:
If I had an engine that had sat for that many years I would assume that bearings may be glued or rusted, and the rings are highly likely to be at least partially rusted to the bore by now, and brute-force is likely to cause a lot of damage. Before trying to turn it over I would remove the plugs and then pour diesel in the filler cap until it started to come out of the start plug holes, then leave it to sit for at least 48 hours. Then, once a day I would try to turn it (forwards and backwards a little bit) to get a slightly more movement each day.

I have salvaged a few engines like that in the past, but they still required pulling down and parts replaced afterwards - especially bearings and any perished seals. Usually machining too. Bores may well have pitting and need more than just a honing out and new rings.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I will say that an engine sitting "sealed up" for a few years should easily be able to be turned over. Now if the engine has had various parts removed, thus letting moisture in then that will be another issue altogether, but a sealed engine shouldn't be that much of a problem.

My thoughts are that this engine was been flogged hard and gotten very hot in the process and probably had no oil in it or at least very little in it, hence the crank bearings have shrunk around the crank in the cooling process. No amount of force will have it come loose apart from releasing the pressure off the bearing caps so that the crank can again move.

By this stage you might as well toss that engine to scrap and source another as they aren't all that hard to find atm.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

No, Aiden...And reading his post, he will deny it....AH's like him always deny stuff like that on an open forum....Don't like being shown up for what they really are