Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine stalls when cold

B

bnorton

my vs commodore has been having problems when the engine is cold. In the mornings it has problems starting the engine and when it does the yellow engine indicator illuminates whilst driving along and cuts the engine.

After a few restarts of the engine the car runs smoothly and can then be restarted without any major hassles. Upon inspection, the RACV were concentrating on the DFI module but they could not diagnose 100% and suggested checking the computer for error codes.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Which light is the yellow one?

N

natsvr

The yellow light is the EMS (engine management system). My guess is it's a sensor, but not sure.

B

bnorton

I believe its the yellow drivetrain light which comes on. Once the engine has been running for at least 5-10mins it seems ok, but before that lapses the drivetrain and battery lights come on.

Gav95VS

Reaction score
did you check the engine codes? what codes did you get?

just incase you didn't knowhow to et codes these links will show you how to extract codes and what they mean.

Extracting codes
VS codes (V6)

Last edited:
B

bnorton

The codes displayed from the computer were 46 & 47. Would this be a crank sensor ?

Gav95VS

Reaction score
Yep! thats your problem ;) , a common problem on both VR/VS part cost $100 form holden takes about 30 -45 min to change

Gavin

B

bnorton

Confirming that the CAS was the fault, thanks for your help guys !!