Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine swap (ls1 or l67)

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
What kind of engine are you looking for? I know of some that sell quite a lot of SC 6s if thats what you are after. I couldn't vouch for rep but they come with a warranty.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
yea thats what i was thinking, and yes ive spent a fair bit on the look of my car, so would like to be able to keep it, plus have great memories with it, being first car and everything... with the l67 im pretty sure you would have to change the exhaust anyways cause dont the super six's run dual pipes? so if i get the six all id have to do to the gearbox is a torque converter and flex plate??

cheers for all the comments guys all opionions appreciated.

p.s. does the l67 have a beefier note than the ecotec or just simillar?

Yes the L67's run a dual system that merges just behind the centre mufflers. What I meant was that you can run them with your current (assumed single) system without any dramas untill you change this later on. L67's really need to breathe, so a single system with a stock motor would restrict a little performance, but bugger all imo.
Yes, the L67's run the same auto as the L36 ecotec's so to mate one upto your current box you'd just need a higher stall converter (2600 is stock for L67 as compared to 1800 for L36) and run an L67 flex plate/ring gear as they are a different balance factor to the ecotec's. I currently have both these parts if needed. PM me about this if you're interested.
Aside from this you'll also need the L67 engine harness and pcm.
In my experience, with a stock L67 the exhaust note will be fairly comparable to an ecotec.
Hope that helps.