Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine swap, please help me

David123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Hi guys, i have a query.

So i have a VS acclaim s2 and i bought it with a blown motor, i replaced the engine myself with another ecotec v6 that previously ran. The trouble is its not starting.

What i know.
Good battery, starter is getting power, plenty of fuel. When i turn the ignition a few noises are made but car isnt turning. If i short/bypass the inhibitor switch the car starts turning over. So i replaced inhibitor switch. Nothing changed. Checked all fuses and relays and it all good. Can anyone help in terms of ideas and troubleshooting help? Will the local auto electrician be able to diagnose or what?

Cheers, much appreciated.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sounds like the starter circuit isn't wired up properly. Have you connected up all the earths on the engine ?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Check that the immobiliser light above the radio is not on when trying to start - if it is then the immobiliser is still on and car will not start. Apart from that I'd do like greenacc says - check every wire twice.

86VL5spd

Repn RB 20-10
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Was loom already in stalled on new motor and pushed throught fire wall? connected all ecu wires? what about the small white / clear loom plug thats kinda near fire wall inside...