Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Swap Query

Old Bomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Hi hope someone can help me out with a simple answer. I am swapping VX 3.8
Ecotec Into VT with blown engine. (That’s blown as in blown up not turbo’d lol.) So my question is should I just leave the existing two computer boxes in the VT and they will hook up to the donor engine ok?
Any other tips like should I use the Loom out of the donor or use the existing one in the VT? Sorry if silly questions just a newbie so any help or other engine swap tips appreciated.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi hope someone can help me out with a simple answer. I am swapping VX 3.8
Ecotec Into VT with blown engine. (That’s blown as in blown up not turbo’d lol.) So my question is should I just leave the existing two computer boxes in the VT and they will hook up to the donor engine ok?
Any other tips like should I use the Loom out of the donor or use the existing one in the VT? Sorry if silly questions just a newbie so any help or other engine swap tips appreciated.
Use the vt engine loom. I recall the vt & vx are 2 or 3 different pin outs where the looms plug into the firewall on the drivers side.
Much easier to change the looms while both engines are out of the car.