Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine swap (vk to ??)

what motor?

• 202 black. carb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 202 efi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • vn/vp

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • v8 of some sort

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • other (post in reply)

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

GLD-086

Reaction score
phat_com said:
lol 2JZ :D my car isn't a supra even though the motors in them can ran 350rwkw with stock internals:driving:

VLs aren't Skylines either, but they run Skyline engines.:D

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Yeh you can get a decent vn/vp engine for $300 if u buy a wrecked car with good motor and sell the car. but after that, there is a few grand u will have to fork out to get it rwc and engineered, eg. exhaust, electrics, fuel lines & tank and many more things

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
phat_com said:
not true^^^
http://allclassifieds.com.au/c/ac?a=vc&i=382130973 <<vp $250 good enigine.

there are tons of vn/vp 's popping up around my place for around the $300 mark...there just in crap condition and only good for parts cars.

errrrr that is a 6 cylinder...so that simply proves my point and agrees with what i wrote. Maybe you should read the post properly aye

Notice i said "VN/VP engines are cheap and they provide good performance for the cost." Which agrees with you.

I then compare them to the V8 engines saying they will beat any of the carbie V8's however the fuel injected V8's are a different story...but I then said they Fuel Injected ones which are in the VN and onwards cost much more than $300...

B

big_c_43

It might cost more than $300 but im just throwing this one out in the open, u lot can tell me if it is stupid or not but why not consider a VL motor with a turbo?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The only way you are going to get a decent motor and put it in yourself for 300 bucks is find a stuffed/stacked VL that has no damage to the motor or front end. Then swap everything over to the VK

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
and do wheelies up the street? something tells me youll have the cops around again to impound your car. good one mate

vn88calais

Perth Representative
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY Commodore 2002
yeah vn/vp motor would be alright for it, but if u were wanting an 8 get a 253, a great lil v8, and for u, someone who has to get there license would be a good starting point...

cheers, Todd

RobMooar

Reaction score
Members Ride
_
How about a RB20e or RB30e outa a VL. I'm puttin' a RB20 into mine coz there's soooo much you can do to make it run faster/better at quite a low cost.