Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Swap

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
The engine is an Opel 2.6 Dual Ram 6cyl engine, not a 4 cyl starfire. I have pics as attached, not my car though.

Oh and this particular one is a calais, I'm pretty sure they were meant to be destined for European market.

Thanks for the rep people.......

Attachments

• 81590161_full.jpg
    81590161_full.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,029
  • 81589109_full.jpg
    81589109_full.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 353
  • 81589718_full.jpg
    81589718_full.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 282

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
cleared up everyone, I've got pics of most of the crazy models we have here in NZ, let me know of a so called unicorn car and ill get you a picture of it.

Runs and hides from leaving that too open.

and if you don't believe me that the engine pic belongs to that car just www.carjam.co.nz and put in the rego plate number you'll see it is a 2.6L

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
chuck up a 2L vn one then for them its different.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The 2 litre should be the family 2 engine (Camira engine) I guess. Holden were making them by the millions in Melbourne at that time so they may as well have stuck them in some VN's. I wonder what K frame all these engines use? might be one in there that bolts a 2JZ straight in :). Were these VN's shipped to NZ rolling and had the engines put in there or were they completed in Australia?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
fully assembled yeah i think it is the camira engine i saw one the other day looked just like it

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I have a promo document thing for the family two engine they gave me when I went on a tour of Holdens engine factory once as a kid :). The only lasting impression of the engine I had after I left was all the broken bits that were laying on the "failed parts today bench" outside the run in/test in dynos lol. You name it, it was laying in bits on the bench. The engines plug into this booth and they hold them at kings revs for a while then that's it, if it doesn't break it went into a Camira, really made me wonder how many were half broken/cracked tho

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The 2 litre should be the family 2 engine (Camira engine) I guess. Holden were making them by the millions in Melbourne at that time so they may as well have stuck them in some VN's. I wonder what K frame all these engines use? might be one in there that bolts a 2JZ straight in :). Were these VN's shipped to NZ rolling and had the engines put in there or were they completed in Australia?

They are still making the family II engine in Pt Melbourne. Plant is scheduled to close late this year but from what I understand that is being brought forward to the next few weeks/months.

Reaper

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
They are still making the family II engine in Pt Melbourne. Plant is scheduled to close late this year but from what I understand that is being brought forward to the next few weeks/months.

Reaper

I thought it closed a little while ago, where have they been sending them lately? I can't imagine they are a high end motor these days no matter how many upgrades it's had. I got to see a few 308 blocks and heads laying around while I was there but they weren't in production that day unless I was just in the wrong place. In fact the whole place was only putting out a couple engines each once in a while that day, pretty slow going they were having some issues somewhere on the line

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I thought it closed a little while ago, where have they been sending them lately? I can't imagine they are a high end motor these days no matter how many upgrades it's had. I got to see a few 308 blocks and heads laying around while I was there but they weren't in production that day unless I was just in the wrong place. In fact the whole place was only putting out a couple engines each once in a while that day, pretty slow going they were having some issues somewhere on the line

Daewoo and SE Asia from memory. They seem to be having more down days than production of late though. Interestingly after 25+ years of production they are still finding new and interesting ways of fouling up engines.

Reaper