Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Swap

1993Vp

Red93Vp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 2.6L Dual Ram Auto
Would anyone know what would need to be done to my frame to make it fit a 304 5L v8 in it??? It currentl has a 2.6L Dual Ram engine in it but wanna make the change any help would be greatly appreciated

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i'm guessing it's the starfire 4? at a guess it'd be similar to the upgrade from a 6 to an 8, it'll fit but need a new k frame, fuel pump, ecu and wiring, etc read up on the upgrades from a 6 to an 8, basically the same stuff

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Well what is a 2.6 dual ram, and what is it doing in a VN-VP? Also some dude from NZ posted earlier saying he had a 2lt 4cyl from a vecta in his VN...We get V6's obviously, and then go about replacing them with V8's:thumbsup:

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
lol, yeah its odd to hear of a 4cyl in a VN as we never see them in aus but i think we are one of the only counteries that dont have them.

1993Vp

Red93Vp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 2.6L Dual Ram Auto
Aw true yea i just brought mine online not knowing much about it ***d the gearbox now looking for either a 304 or a 308

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Engine pictures\! :) No one ever posts them. Over here we get all these storys of all these other motors in NZ Commodores. Never seem em! :) Like a Unicorn or Bigfoot. Although I did see a dead Bigfoot in a esky not so long ago

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Engine pictures\! :) No one ever posts them. Over here we get all these storys of all these other motors in NZ Commodores. Never seem em! :) Like a Unicorn or Bigfoot. Although I did see a dead Bigfoot in a esky not so long ago

Thats because the startfire lives up to its name. id also like to see a picture, its funny to think that the vn commodore is most likely one of the only cars to come out with a factory 4 cyc 6cyc and 8cyc