Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine torque from derived torque then onto virtual torque tables

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
I'm out of injector at 43.5psi (96% duty). AI have there 1000hp (2 x 460) setup rated at 50psi which will put me at 80% duty on e85. This will work.
And the ID1050 are way cheaper than the ID1300 so you've got me a good saving by making me look at it more.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yea most of the ID injectors are flowed at 43.5 psi so the 1050cc at anything higher pressure will work for that power, the AI setups are based on manifold referenced reg also so keep that in mind if ur not going to use it that way u will be 12psi (what ever boost u are running) lower in pressure delta to make up with IPW to offset it

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Am going to manifold reference it. Should make things easier with the tune too. I'm not going to stage the pumps. But dreading getting the tank out.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Am going to manifold reference it. Should make things easier with the tune too. I'm not going to stage the pumps. But dreading getting the tank out.
apparently if u dont stage the pumps it dosnt draw from the other side as good, just get a nibler and cut a hole under the rear seat then make up a lid for it, should already have a circle indent where to cut for it will be much easier then tank out

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
No sh¡t. Was thinking the more flow through the pumps (more suction pressure I.e more vacuum) the stronger the venturi?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
thats what i was thinking until they told me it needs to be staged to help the fuel from other side of tank, the venturi suction from the other side is from the returning fuel (dont want it on pump suction side as it will get air when passenger side runs out) so maby having too much return and fill the bucket maby it pressurizes and changes the venturi from the other side, they did just do some adjustments to it maby it helps that not sure

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'll run it on the bench in a bucket of fuel with another bucket acting as the 2nd half of the tank and see how it reacts. Reduction of volume over time for both scenarios should be a pretty concrete test regardless if it is done with a poor mans setup. I'll only be down about $30 in fuel to test that I can then put into the lawn mower jerry for a years worth of fuel.