Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine warm up...?

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
I can usually tell when my cars warmed up fully as the exhaust tone changes. I geuss it changes as it leans out the fuel when it gets out of open loop mode and the exhaust heats up .

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I can usually tell when my cars warmed up fully as the exhaust tone changes. I geuss it changes as it leans out the fuel when it gets out of open loop mode and the exhaust heats up .
Correct. Both cars take around 2mins max for that to happen, I just let the SS warm up for abit more.
AirStrike :air:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Yep myn too i can here the drop in revs and note changes to more V8 note.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
i'll drive my car normally from a cold start and not thrash it till it gets above a 1/4 but i think for me its a case of the thermostat not closing properly when cold, because if i were to take my car straight onto the freeway i'll barely leave the needle rest but if i were to do start stop, it shoots up ( no flow )

somerandom

Reaction score
hi, this is how i warm my car up.. might be different to different cars'....

get in driver seat, turn car on... flat foot till you hit the rev limiter for 40 seconds.. in about 40 seconds it should be warmed up.. this is not really recommened, but still impressive.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6

get in driver seat, turn car on... flat foot till you hit the rev limiter for 40 seconds.. in about 40 seconds it should be warmed up.. this is not really recommened, but still impressive.
:eek::eek::eek::rip: :driving:

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Impressive? I dont think so, u would look more like a tool doin that....

I dont even like to get me rev's up past 4000 to 4500 let alone doin it wen its cold....

I would be guessing that ur car will be blowin alot of smoke if u keep that up..

N/A as ur car so i guess ur just makin a joke....well i hope u are...

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
LOL I would like to point out to anyone silly enough to listen to above post that that was A JOKE (i hope) and should ABSOLUTELY NOT be done haha.

EDIT: sorry jase, I was too slow on the reply button!
2ND EDIT: wtf... how long did I have this page open for??

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2 3.8L

Youre my f*#&ing neighbour who starts work at 5am, i hate you, and soon, im going to kill you............!!!!!
Colin

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Youre my f*#&ing neighbour who starts work at 5am, i hate you, and soon, im going to kill you............!!!!!
Colin

lmfao!!!!!!

Honestly I thought it was a joke and "how could anyone be dumb enough to do that" but now I am less certain!