Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine warning light showin up.02 sensor??

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
my engine light sometimes comes on my vxss only when i start and when i drive down the street it goes off anyone know what it is??

loveless

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 SII Tiga SS Ute!
mine just started doin that tonight mate it just came on for no reason.. ive checked oil, water, sensors and connections and still no luck.. ive been told to take it to holden and let them scan it with there tool to find out whats goin on

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
It will most probably be the oil pressure switch.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
can you check ur error codes like VS's? if so, why not check them, the light has come on, so a code has been logged, it'll tell you straight away what it is. it'll be a hellova lot cheaper then holden scaning it, which it does essentially the same thing.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
can you check ur error codes like VS's? if so, why not check them, the light has come on, so a code has been logged, it'll tell you straight away what it is. it'll be a hellova lot cheaper then holden scaning it, which it does essentially the same thing.
Unfortunately you can't read the codes on an LS1 the way you do with a V6, you need a compatible scan tool.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
if its the oil pressure switch is it a big problem?
The only problem is the cost of the switch (I think it is around $300 from Holden, a little cheaper if you shop around) and I had to buy a special socket to remove it. It is also in an awkward position. For the price of these oil pressure sensors you would thibnk they could make them to last a bit longer. It is a very common problem with the LS1. I actually bought mine on ebay for about $160, it was brand new and genuine Holden and only lasted about a month before the engine light came on again, had it looked at by Holden and they said it's the oil pressure sensor.

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
The only problem is the cost of the switch (I think it is around $300 from Holden, a little cheaper if you shop around) and I had to buy a special socket to remove it. It is also in an awkward position. For the price of these oil pressure sensors you would thibnk they could make them to last a bit longer. It is a very common problem with the LS1. I actually bought mine on ebay for about $160, it was brand new and genuine Holden and only lasted about a month before the engine light came on again, had it looked at by Holden and they said it's the oil pressure sensor.

$300 WTF they are $88 on ebay