Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Whine

timmy975

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SV6 Ute
When I have the volume of my speakers down I hear the engine whine. All my grounds are fine, and power cable ran down opp side, but I have read somewhere that you can buy a Ground Loop Isolator or some thing along those lines. All you need to do is plug your RCAs into this unit before you plug into your amp. Does anyone have a link or know where these devices can by purchased?
Cheers

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Jaycar do sell a noise filter: 20 Amp Car Noise Filter - Jaycar Electronics Jaycar sell smaller and larger versions depending on how much power your head unit uses.

Before you get one though, I would check and double check everything, maybe get a friend to double check everything. Maybe you simply need to invest a little more into the RCA's? There are a heap of threads around on the same topic if you search 'whine' or something similar. Read through and find what others have done to solve the problem.

You should also read this: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/kings-guide-elimanating-stereo-noise.15149

Really you shouldnt need to invest in a noise filter.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
You're better off fixing the problem that is causing the noise. Those isolators just reduce it, don't actually fix the problem.

What brand head unit do you have?

timmy975

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SV6 Ute
Thanks for your replys.

I've got a VE SV6 ute and I'm using my stock head unit with the mtx RE-Q5.

Could the remote turn wire running along the power lead add to the problem?

Cheers

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Im having RCA Issues from some Sony X-Plod wiring kit, everything else is fine bar the RCAs so they are being returned and swapped tommorow.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Remote wire should not. It carries very little power and should be fairly stable. It wouldnt induce much power into another wire. Any noise induced in it would not really have any effect - so no, no problems there running the remote wire anywhere in the car.

timmy975

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SV6 Ute
Just had a closer listen and the interference sounds like it's only coming from the tweeters. I heard from a mate that you can buy something that connects to your head unit then runs to the negative of your battery?
Really frustrating now. Might just take it to the pros to see what they think.
Cheers

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
hi guys i have a sv6 and can say i have the same problem its nothing to do with the aftermarket installation it also happens with a stock system as it did before i upgraded my system. it would need to be something that occurs from factory as that it where it starts. i would love to get something to stop it though because it is slightly annoying at times.

Cheers

timmy975

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SV6 Ute
Ahhh that's right, now I remember.
It did have that same noise, but now it's more noticeable.
^^^^Does your noise come from both speaker and tweeter? or just one of the two?