Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine

mhung9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu v6 ute
eco tech making loud noises any suggestions to fix?

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
hey all i’ve recently put a 3:46 lsd in my ute it spins twins in a straight line but getting sideways is a struggle it doesn’t like too kick out , it came out of a v8 and is now in a 6 it has no noises or whines what so ever but also doesn’t like too even be kicked out in the wet i can get 2nd gear goimg but first jusy doesn’t work . any help would be greatly appreciated

Don't expect a many people replying who support your dangerous driving. However, in response to your question the VU era have rear ends which squat. So getting it sideways is going to be harder than a live axle bus.
If you really want to get it sideways get a Raptor fitted or drop in an L67 and have some engine work done. Either that or by an earlier model ute with live axle. My VR ute used to get sideways with just a tad too much pedal, it was actually a major problem that ended up causing me to write the ute off, and I wasn't even pushing it.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
The diff is 15-20 years old, stock friction type LSDs wear out eventually and can be overpowered by the grip of the wheels in some circumstances. If your ute is an auto then that's also going to make it more difficult for a V6 as some of the response and power from when you put your foot down will be dampened/sapped slightly, and there's no clutch to kick.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Lsd was weak even when new from factory so would not be expecting much from 2nd hand unit that also copped a real beating behind a v8 then put into v6 car.

Other thought is your v6 likely not have enough to turn tyres long enough to be scary which is not a recommended recipe for 17 yr old in wet conditions....