Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
hey people, driving the old girl today, well, it aint looking to good at the moment, i got's me a question for yall, does anyone know how much roughly id be looking at for a new motor for a vn, it's a series 2 motor in at the moment, dont want anything special, just want a standard stocko rebuilt v6 motor. any idea's?

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VPII Calais
You can get second hand ones with warrantys for about 500.
Then you gotta fit it!

Rebuilt ones cost about twice as much and have to be run in and have better economy and performance (usually) as they are basically 'new' internally.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
I got quoted today $2500,00 for a new rebuilt motor, that includes the following work:

new crank stonger of course, new pushrods, new hydro lifter's, new crank bearings (that's what went on it) new oil pump. them ripping it out, and putting it back together, making it work, and all that type of stuff, I'm not happy, i might have to look at making the vl work i think

cheers
garth

C

.::Crocodile Hunter::.

got a quote for a VP motor fo a full rebuild includes the following
New rings bearings
full VRS gasket kit
crank grind
heads fully rebuilt includes new valves and reground
new pistons
oil pump
crank regrind, and new bearings (vn vp etc tend to through a few of em)
rebore
Balance sharft and bearings (reco)
new lifters

all for $2,200 not bad, but one catch i have to remove motor and replace it

Locksmiff

Reaction score
I will list my specs soon. Darren I think knows, You might all trip out, at the specs and the cost I will find the reciepts after I have bite to eat.

Locksmiff

Reaction score
I will just go through the bill how it is. Its probably not a bad idea, gives ya some idea of what your in for, if your a bit of a DIYer

DISMANTLE 6 CYL SHORT ENGINE
HOT TANK C CYL SHORT MOTOR
BORE AND HONE V6 ENGINE BLOCK
DECK 6 CYL BLOCK
CRACK TEST ENGINE BLOCK
MAIN TUNNEL CHECK BLOCK (TOLERANCE)
RESIZE 6 CONRODS
FIT PISTON TO CONROD
REGRIND V6 CRANLSHAFT
FIT CAM OR AUX BEARINGS

ENGINE REBUILD KIT

INCLUDES:-HYPATEC PISTONS (NO NOT HYPERTUACTIC) HASTINGS RINGS, KING BEARINS FULL GASKET KIT

$1316 PICKED UP AND DELIVERED BACK TO MY DOOR

Thats just the short and me assembling it

The heads, I cant find the bill for right now, when I do I will list its work as well in this. It is basically the heads recoed, then LT1 small block valve springs (dual springs) new valves, and ported. $970 something or there abouts.

A stage 3 crow cam $500 from autobarn. That wasnt the chip, as well. I didnt want the chip, I brought a haltech for 700 second hand.

Minus the puter thats at $2786 add the puter its $3486, which to me isnt to bad, considering when I decided to have a go , the dude quoted me $2500 for a stocky.