Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine

S

skittles

Well, recently i brought a vn executive89: and its been ruunning fine, the other day i flogged it a little hard in town, ever since then its bee making a funny tikin sound where the altanator is, ive had it looked at but they dont know what iut is,

please help before it costs me $700 just to try find the problem and maybe fix it!!

Locksmiff

Reaction score
Sounds like the sound of injectors, they tick. I didnt know that and it drove me insane, it wasnt until I took it to book it in somewhere, that the dude said, thats your injectors, they all do that. Its up to you now to workout if it is in fact just the injecotrs or not, if you feel it isnt, let us know and we can all go from there. I cant think of anything else in that area that would tick, if it was screwed.

EDIT: It might also be a spark jumping around earthing itself somewhere in that area too. If you know the tick isnt from the injectors, start it up at night and you will know if it is a stray spark or not.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Yeh as Locksmiff said (are u the Locky from vncommodore.com?) anyway, if it sounds precise and ticks at an even time then i'd say it's just your injectors working.
When i say precise, i mean its just a normal ticking sound, not a grinding or hollow knocking sound that could be engine components.

Locksmiff

Reaction score
QUOTE (MaNiac_VP @ Nov 20 2003, 12:12 PM) Yeh as Locksmiff said (are u the Locky from vncommodore.com?) anyway, if it sounds precise and ticks at an even time then i'd say it's just your injectors working.
When i say precise, i mean its just a normal ticking sound, not a grinding or hollow knocking sound that could be engine components.
Thats me. Yeah as MAniac VP says, its constant, it goes:

Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick ............ not

Tick............Tick Tick......Tick Tick Tick Tick........Tick.

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
it could also be a brocken valve spring which would als go tick,tick ,tickjust rev the motor to about 1500 rpm and hold it there and see if it sounds the same if ticking dissapears its prob not valve springs,, leave a post when you find the problem,,,,if there is one
cheers fergi