Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engineering certificate for brake upgrade from SS to Brembo brakes ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
#44667 is an approval number compliance number. We don’t know how Holden presented the various models to the regulators for compliance approval.

Model VF8EK69 may never have been complied with Brembos while model VF8EP69 they were complied,as they were standard. I’d think on paper these models are treated as totally different cars.

I hope I’m wrong and the bureaucrats finally check and see some sense and formally tell you it’s now ok.

But I have my doubts as what sort of perverse bureaucratic logic would put a temporary wheel sticker on my MSE spare alloy because it is narrower than the rears but same as the fronts?

In that case should they have the evidence of non compliance before knocking it back rather than 'we don't know if it does and you must find out'..

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
SSV ended in 2016. Is yours 2017? Maybe that’s why it might not be in book.
Haha, now we have SSV 2016 model may have symmetric front rear wheels but Redline and MSE 2017 modes have asymmetric front rear wheels. And according to the book I can’t go systemtric.

Same absurdity as Ron not being able to install his well researched brembos ‘kit’.

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
My rego papers for instance say the following:

Make - Holden
Model - Commodore
Variant - 8EK69 B

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
In that case should they have the evidence of non compliance before knocking it back rather than 'we don't know if it does and you must find out'..
I’d think the government would only have compliance evidence and if listed it’s ok otherwise go to an engineer seems their stance.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
My rego papers for instance say the following:

Make - Holden
Model - Commodore
Variant - 8EK69 B
In Victoria, a person was convicted of attempted murder for shooting an already dead person.. the courts just like government departments are crazy at times... you don’t want to be on the wrong side of either.

So why rego authority calls commodore a ‘model’ and the compliance authority use what seems like the variant as the model is anyone’s guess.

As mentioned, maybe chat to them about tyres and see how they view “model” in that context. If the same organisation has contradictory interpretation of model, that may be enough to get them to reevaluate your mod.

All this would be easier if you could chat to someone in the compliance section of Holden directly but HCC simply behaves as a brick wall.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
In Victoria, a person was convicted of attempted murder for shooting an already dead person.. the courts just like government departments are crazy at times... you don’t want to be on the wrong side of either.

So why rego authority calls commodore a ‘model’ and the compliance authority use what seems like the variant as the model is anyone’s guess.

As mentioned, maybe chat to them about tyres and see how they view “model” in that context. If the same organisation has contradictory interpretation of model, that may be enough to get them to reevaluate your mod.

All this would be easier if you could chat to someone in the compliance section of Holden directly but HCC simply behaves as a brick wall.

I will leave the wheels out of discussion. There is different set of regulations for those and last thing I would need is for them to tell me that for whatever reason i cant use 19" wheels on a car that left the factory with 20" , but otherwise stock and left the dealer with 18"... LOL

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
They do look good on her :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180428-230746_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180428-230746_Gallery.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 220

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The problem is that us knuckle dragging V8 fans are no longer of import to Holden as the target demographic has changed and as such I don't see Holden been helpful to this end period.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
The problem is that us knuckle dragging V8 fans are no longer of import to Holden as the target demographic has changed and as such I don't see Holden been helpful to this end period.

Not long will pass and they will be of no help to anybody...
They will not survive...
Their sales numbers are shocking..

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
#44667 is an approval number compliance number. We don’t know how Holden presented the various models to the regulators for compliance approval.

Model VF8EK69 may never have been complied with Brembos while model VF8EP69 they were complied,as they were standard. I’d think on paper these models are treated as totally different cars.

I hope I’m wrong and the bureaucrats finally check and see some sense and formally tell you it’s now ok.

But I have my doubts as what sort of perverse bureaucratic logic would put a temporary wheel sticker on my MSE spare alloy because it is narrower than the rears but same as the fronts?

You can put any wheels on the car and if ever asked you can say they are just temporary as you are detailing/repairing stock ones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.