Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engineering certificate for brake upgrade from SS to Brembo brakes ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Ron, have you spoke to any engineers? Get some quotes even if it cost a grand the better brakes will greatly enhance how your
VF2 stops, I know mine did.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Ron, have you spoke to any engineers? Get some quotes even if it cost a grand the better brakes will greatly enhance how your
VF2 stops, I know mine did.
I did. Not worth it for me. Put them up for sale...quite a bit of interest so far
Will give discount to JC members :)

Last edited:

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Haha, now we have SSV 2016 model may have symmetric front rear wheels but Redline and MSE 2017 modes have asymmetric front rear wheels. And according to the book I can’t go systemtric.

Same absurdity as Ron not being able to install his well researched brembos ‘kit’.

I do like the fact i could widen my tyres all around and run the same width front and rear for rotation tyre life and cornering grip. Not that this car is the best at managing weight transfer but these little things help.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
#44667 is an approval number compliance number. We don’t know how Holden presented the various models to the regulators for compliance approval.

Model VF8EK69 may never have been complied with Brembos while model VF8EP69 they were complied,as they were standard. I’d think on paper these models are treated as totally different cars.

I hope I’m wrong and the bureaucrats finally check and see some sense and formally tell you it’s now ok.

But I have my doubts as what sort of perverse bureaucratic logic would put a temporary wheel sticker on my MSE spare alloy because it is narrower than the rears but same as the fronts?
I suspect the sticker is there for a different reason. If using the spare on the rear, it means you will have 1 @ 245... and 1 @ 275... So it's an imbalance. Which would effect handling, braking and overall performance.
If running the spare on the front, it can be used permanently.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I suspect the sticker is there for a different reason. If using the spare on the rear, it means you will have 1 @ 245... and 1 @ 275... So it's an imbalance. Which would effect handling, braking and overall performance.

That is probably right...

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
In NSW it says best to have wheels as stated on your placard or handbook.
Given the wide range of wheels available for VF ... anything between 18" and 20" is fine on SS...
Just buy the correct placard, that’s what most do.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Just buy the correct placard, that’s what most do.
If it was that easy, Ron could just buy the MSE stickers and paint his calipers silver and be done with it :p

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds rather plausible but why would Holden not state that on the sticker... after all, “temporary use on rear” is much more definitive than “temporary use”...

Seems we are being taken down to the lowest common denominator... can’t have joe public thinking too much on his own... sad...

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
This is the front of BMC on my car.
It says:
no12
Y0204

What are the markings on the Redline one ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180429-110303_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180429-110303_Gallery.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 171

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE has following markings on the end of the BMC:

jdZ8 (not sure last digit)
Y0319

Don’t know if these markings are part numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.