Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engineering certificate for brake upgrade from SS to Brembo brakes ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
MSE has following markings on the end of the BMC:

jdZ8 (not sure last digit)
Y0319

Don’t know if these markings are part numbers.

Not part numbers but I suspect they are different parts..
Holden parts database shows BMC for my VIN as standard LS3 BMC and not the Redline BMC which is different part number.
Holden advertised heavy duty brake upgrade as upgraded BMC etc.
My research shows they in fact upgraded the booster but probably not BMC.
False advertising...

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Seems there are more markings on my BMC.

On the underside of BMC near the booster mounting, there are some cast numbers:
E17 0|4

Then on the right fender side near the bottom front there are faint punched numbers but can't make them out.

Make of them what you will o_O

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
IIUC, in days gone by before use of ABS, the BMC had markings indicating crack pressure which i think was related to mechanical proportioning valve contained within the BMC. These days, it seems the mechanical proportioning valve is 'enhanced' by the ABS/EBD functions and in some instances a "brake pressure modulator valve pressure senor calibration" is normally done when EBCM or brake pressure modulator valve is replaced (scan tool is used for calibartion).

It's starting to feels very Alice in Wonderland as we go down a rabbit hole.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Just put bigger blades on my lawn mover ! Suck on that RMS. Not certified and you can do **** all when I hit council's nature strips !

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Just put bigger blades on my lawn mover ! Suck on that RMS. Not certified and you can do **** all when I hit council's nature strips !
Someone will make a noise complaint lol never ends mate

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

So theory would say I can’t put narrower 8.5” width on the rear even though the spare is a 245/35R20 black forged alloy (like the front) BUT actually carries a temporary wheel sticker on it. The fact this spare carries a temp wheel sticker seems to reinforces the narrower bueaurocratic view of model (yuck).

The yellow sticker has bugger all to do with bueaurocratic views....It is put there, incase you have a different sized wheel/tyre assembley fitted to the car, which is different to the spare and you happen to get a flat tyre, which the opposite axle has the larger rim/tyre fitted...It forwarns you, that the car WILL handle differently, therefore caution must be used and speed reduced as a result of the different handling.

You are able to place 4 of the same rims and tyres, complete with stickers on the car and drive at highway speeds and NOT be in the doo doo as a result....It is also not limited to the make/ model of the car....There are literally hundreds of makes and models out there with spares, which have this sticker on them....If memory serves me correctly, around the 2003 model commodore (VY???), they had temporary stickers placed on 15X6 steel wheels, fitted with 205/65X15 tyres, when the car came with a larger rim/tyre assembley fitted to the car....Now we all know, 15X6 wheels were standard fitament to this era Commodore...

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Not part numbers but I suspect they are different parts..
Holden parts database shows BMC for my VIN as standard LS3 BMC and not the Redline BMC which is different part number.
Holden advertised heavy duty brake upgrade as upgraded BMC etc.
My research shows they in fact upgraded the booster but probably not BMC.
False advertising...
Have you still got the add that stated your package includes an upgraded BMC? If so then you're 2 step closer to a Brembo upgrade :) or a refund I guess?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Have you still got the add that stated your package includes an upgraded BMC? If so then you're 2 step closer to a Brembo upgrade :) or a refund I guess?
It is in the official brochure. I have PDF copy of it ;)

sequal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV
It is in the official brochure. I have PDF copy of it ;)

I have them too.

This is what the brochure says: "Optional Performance Brake Upgrade: Heavy Duty front brake. Upgraded master cylinder, front caliper and disc"

Status
Not open for further replies.