Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engineering certificate for brake upgrade from SS to Brembo brakes ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I have them too.

This is what the brochure says: "Optional Performance Brake Upgrade: Heavy Duty front brake. Upgraded master cylinder, front caliper and disc"

Yeah that's it

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Redline wheels on my car in NSW are fine.

Wheel track did not increase...in fact wheel track is decreased as the wheels at the back are closer together due to extra width.

Wheel width is also fine as it is only 1/2 inch more than optional wheels for my car (20x8.5). This makes it less than 26mm which is legal and RMS does not need to know about it.

Rolling diameter is also fine as well as speed and load rating on the tyres...

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Sounds rather plausible but why would Holden not state that on the sticker... after all, “temporary use on rear” is much more definitive than “temporary use”...

Seems we are being taken down to the lowest common denominator... can’t have joe public thinking too much on his own... sad...
I think in this instance Joe Public is over thinking it. Take the sticker off and it's identical to the front wheels.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Incredibly thanks to one of the members here i was given contact in Holden to try and get them to give some advice about compliance.

He directed my request to their chassis team and they will get back to me in a few days.

I did not expect this...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That seems to be the way these days, it's not what you know, it's who you know.

Hopefully it all works out.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Handy page

http://myrta.com/rvd/searchRVD.do?submitValue=start

Punch is 44667 under cpa no. and search.
Great find but it raises more questions than it answers.

Those CPA docs specify H (hydraulic?) VAC (vacuum assisted?) DIV (ventilated disc?) and front/rear disc diameter for all the variants, where disc diameter and thickness being the only difference between the models. Wheel size and track, offset, etc is also mentioned but nothing concrete is mentioned about caliper type, BMC, etc.

Summary:

44667-1181665 for MSE & Director: 355-32 front & 360-28 rear discs, 20” wheels only (asymmetric).

44667-1197568 for SS-V Reserve Edition, SS-V Redline & Calais v: 321-30 front & 324-22 rear discs, 19” & 20” wheel options. Comment that service bake option B is standard on SS-V RE & RL & option C is optional on Calais-V V8.

44667-1197567 for SS and SS-Police, 321-30 front & 324-22 rear discs, 18” 19” & 20” wheel options. Comment that service bake option B is standard on SS-Police and optional for SS.

44667-1150625 for Clubsport R8 Tourer, 367-32 front & 372-32 rear discs, 20” wheels (asymmetric).

So what is service brake option B & C and do they mean the same across the models?It seems like this is the information that needs to be sourced (maybe directly from DOTARS).

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think in this instance Joe Public is over thinking it. Take the sticker off and it's identical to the front wheels.
I know my spare wheel is exactly the same as the fronts and that there would be an imbalance if placed on one side of rear. My comments about the spare wheel was in relation to the stupidity of the bureaucracy in sympathy to Ron’s plight. And the RMS doc that was linked to earlier where that doc made it clear that one can’t put narrower wheels than what came as standard. I just highlighted the bureaucratic nonsense considering the various wheel combos available for the LS V8’s and as shown in my post above... but maybe the meaasage didn’t come across so well :oops:

But, to me it does seem buearocrats do want a dumbed down populace that can be more easily hearded about and follow their absurd rules without complaint o_O

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Incredibly thanks to one of the members here i was given contact in Holden to try and get them to give some advice about compliance.

He directed my request to their chassis team and they will get back to me in a few days.

I did not expect this...
Thats great to hear. Keep us updated as to your findings ;)

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Great find but it raises more questions than it answers.

Those CPA docs specify H (hydraulic?) VAC (vacuum assisted?) DIV (ventilated disc?) and front/rear disc diameter for all the variants, where disc diameter and thickness being the only difference between the models. Wheel size and track, offset, etc is also mentioned but nothing concrete is mentioned about caliper type, BMC, etc.

Summary:

44667-1181665 for MSE & Director: 355-32 front & 360-28 rear discs, 20” wheels only (asymmetric).

44667-1197568 for SS-V Reserve Edition, SS-V Redline & Calais v: 321-30 front & 324-22 rear discs, 19” & 20” wheel options. Comment that service bake option B is standard on SS-V RE & RL & option C is optional on Calais-V V8.

44667-1197567 for SS and SS-Police, 321-30 front & 324-22 rear discs, 18” 19” & 20” wheel options. Comment that service bake option B is standard on SS-Police and optional for SS.

44667-1150625 for Clubsport R8 Tourer, 367-32 front & 372-32 rear discs, 20” wheels (asymmetric).

So what is service brake option B & C and do they mean the same across the models?It seems like this is the information that needs to be sourced (maybe directly from DOTARS).

What state are you in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.