Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engineering certificate for brake upgrade from SS to Brembo brakes ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
no wonder holden and other manufactures in australia are closing down, moving overseas
victa stopped making manufacturing the famous victa 2 stroke mower due to new emission requirements
other overseas countries must be laughing at us
i believe in the near future toilet paper manufactured here will need engineers signing off that it meets sheet size and thickness to afford finger penetration,
over regulation is destroying us

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
no wonder holden and other manufactures in australia are closing down, moving overseas
victa stopped making manufacturing the famous victa 2 stroke mower due to new emission requirements
other overseas countries must be laughing at us
i believe in the near future toilet paper manufactured here will need engineers signing off that it meets sheet size and thickness to afford finger penetration,
over regulation is destroying us

Aussie car manufacturers have always been let off very easy by the government when it comes to designing cars to meet the emissions standards required by other countries so they can compete with the imports.

That being said the thread is not about ADR's for manufacturers, it's about the backyard gang and the legalities of modifying the ADR approved OEM specs of a vehicle, so if you intend to modify or enhance your toilet paper then you may needs the approval of the appropriate authority.

There are some silly requirements here which beggars belief but I can get the drift that they are trying to avoid open slather on mods and the Australian people have always been treated as dummies by the government when it comes to thinking for themselves.

Laws to govern the lowest common denominator at the expense of the rest of the community has long been the approach here but no-one really complains against it so therefore we have to live with it.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Great find but it raises more questions than it answers.

Those CPA docs specify H (hydraulic?) VAC (vacuum assisted?) DIV (ventilated disc?) and front/rear disc diameter for all the variants, where disc diameter and thickness being the only difference between the models. Wheel size and track, offset, etc is also mentioned but nothing concrete is mentioned about caliper type, BMC, etc.

Summary:

44667-1181665 for MSE & Director: 355-32 front & 360-28 rear discs, 20” wheels only (asymmetric).

44667-1197568 for SS-V Reserve Edition, SS-V Redline & Calais v: 321-30 front & 324-22 rear discs, 19” & 20” wheel options. Comment that service bake option B is standard on SS-V RE & RL & option C is optional on Calais-V V8.

44667-1197567 for SS and SS-Police, 321-30 front & 324-22 rear discs, 18” 19” & 20” wheel options. Comment that service bake option B is standard on SS-Police and optional for SS.

44667-1150625 for Clubsport R8 Tourer, 367-32 front & 372-32 rear discs, 20” wheels (asymmetric).

So what is service brake option B & C and do they mean the same across the models?It seems like this is the information that needs to be sourced (maybe directly from DOTARS).
Redline VF2 has same brakes as your MSE & Director listing. Not the lower spec.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Aussie car manufacturers have always been let off very easy by the government when it comes to designing cars to meet the emissions standards required by other countries so they can compete with the imports.

That being said the thread is not about ADR's for manufacturers, it's about the backyard gang and the legalities of modifying the ADR approved OEM specs of a vehicle, so if you intend to modify or enhance your toilet paper then you may needs the approval of the appropriate authority.

There are some silly requirements here which beggars belief but I can get the drift that they are trying to avoid open slather on mods and the Australian people have always been treated as dummies by the government when it comes to thinking for themselves.

Laws to govern the lowest common denominator at the expense of the rest of the community has long been the approach here but no-one really complains against it so therefore we have to live with it.

I see it more like we are turning out like the Americans....If somethings goes south regardless of whether it is a result of our personal stupidity, we blame the other person and hit the court room to make a buck out of our own stupidity....So unfortunately the gov't has to legislate so the minority of stupid people out there can't hit the court room and make a quick buck and the smarter ones suffer as a result, especially in this instance

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
I see it more like we are turning out like the Americans....If somethings goes south regardless of whether it is a result of our personal stupidity, we blame the other person and hit the court room to make a buck out of our own stupidity....So unfortunately the gov't has to legislate so the minority of stupid people out there can't hit the court room and make a quick buck and the smarter ones suffer as a result, especially in this instance
Yes, rather than using common dog, we become a feeding frenzy of litigiousness. Bullshite

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
I found an engineer that is willing to do all the testing and provide all the testing, engineering compliance etc for both LG1 and LG2 (QLD Compliance regulations). Steep at $650, but well worth it to have that blue plate in the engine bay.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I found an engineer that is willing to do all the testing and provide all the testing, engineering compliance etc for both LG1 and LG2 (QLD Compliance regulations). Steep at $650, but well worth it to have that blue plate in the engine bay.

That is cheap compared to what I have been quoted:)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Redline VF2 has same brakes as your MSE & Director listing. Not the lower spec.
No not correct as MSE has floating discs while SSV Redline does not (though I think the disc diameter and thickness are the same).

But the post you referenced reflects what was written in the Aproval docs I referenced which do seem a little wrong to me but that may be due to service brake option B & option C are not specifie.

Status
Not open for further replies.