Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engineering certificate?????

UNEQVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6
**** filing not filling, dont wanna make the hole smaller.

UNEQVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6
second third and fourth opinions please :D

dont ya? i thought/ was told that ya have to for ANY changes made to the chasis. y is this any different? anyone else know bout this too? cause if i dont im gunna be doin the job dis weekend :D

G

getdirty

You're not touching the chassis by changing the headlights. As long as the replacement lights are ADR approved, mounted and aligned correctly you shouldn't have a problem.

ie - Just do it!

BowTieGQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.8 ;)
Someone feel free to correct me, but I have heard that most audio installers wont cut the parcel shelf or rear of seat to fit larger speakers. I was told it has been outlawed due to too many hack jobs weakening it. I assume by Vic Roads. Now while not being structural itself it does provide lateral bracing from the floorpan up. The radiator support serves the same function to the skirt and rails, amongst other duties of course. The headlight panel section of rad support could surely be enlargened to a degree without detrimental effects and would not require engineering certificate. Same as front and rear glass that is bonded is considered structural. Yet it obviously isn't on its' own.

G

getdirty

UNEQVN said:
adr approved?

Australian Design Rules. Basically if the headlights you will be using are from a vehicle in Australia you should be right.

UNEQVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6
der.........yah thatnks for the info guys.

another stupid question, if i wanna do it the right way and not just stick em in, do i call vic roads bout the adr or what? do i take the car to em to be inspected n **** n let them sorry ass sooks tell me 'no we dont recomend it' or is it an experienced person i need ta see, or a phone call i need ta make?

sorry bout all the qst, just wanna get it right.

BowTieGQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.8 ;)
Nah, just go ahead and do it. Cars pass ADR's during manufacture. If the head lights came off a Australian sold car then they have passed ADR's. Been through all that crap just recently with an AC Cobra. Everything fitted to it must come from another Australian car ie. engine, door locks, all external lighting, seats, seatbelts etc. Anything not off another car must be engineered ie chassis etc. I guarantee you'll be fine. Do it neat, like you would your own car anyway, and no one will care. Not Vic Roads nor an engineer. It's not strucural. At least you asked before cutting though.

UNEQVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6
kool, thanks man. reasuring that i dont have to go through all that ****.

thanks heap everyone for ya help. will post pik up once mi car is completed, keep an eye out for it :D