Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engineering/ registering a VE with 22s in gold coast question

andyr99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS
Hi all, i just sold my beloved Evo and moved from canberra to buy a 2010 SS and move to the Gold coast, i had a set of 22s put on its, lowered springs and exhaust i'm amazed how much i like this car and dont miss the Evo i love the V8 sound over the ppsshh any day anyway just wondering if someone can point me in the direction of a workshop that can pass/ engineer it so i can get it registered? Thanks in advance.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
I think that the standard size rims for your car are 19" so you are allowed to upsize so I think that your only allowed to go to 21.5".So your option would be to take the 22" off the car when your going to get it registered and put standards on then once its registered put the 22" back on.Hopefully if you ever get pulled over by the police they wont really notice the wheels,thats the only way to do it there's noway that you can engineer it to legally have the 22's on,but I could be wrong about that.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maybe you are correct 21sly then there would be no probs with the 22's

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
i found this on another forum

I think most States are coming in line with the National Code of Practice - which states you can only go 15mm (not 2 inches) greater (rolling diameter than the biggest in the model/series?

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
so if you do your home work good enough and get the right low profile rubber your rolling diameter wont change that much from a 20" wheel making it legal

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
You are correct 21sly they did come standard 20",but alot of forums are saying that the 2" rule does no longer apply,even the wheeldeal say it would be illegal to put the 22's on

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
oh true might have changed it then, that sure is f***ed.

Daggy082

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8
The 2inch rule DOES NOT APPLY ANYMORE!!! It would be illegal to put on 22's because of the load rating or you wouldn't be able to get tyres with the correct diameter to be within the +15mm

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
its rolling diameter of the hole wheel. with tyres .. not just the rim