Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MiggzvsC0MM0D0RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore executive
Hey guys.

I've been thinking about this for along time and I cant make up my mind, so imgoing to need some input.

Option 1: stroked and blown L67 manual.
Option 2:blown 5 litre manual.

When giving your input please factor in price, economy and power.

Help on this will be more then helpful.

Cheers guys

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Blown 5L for sure, cheap engine, damn fine HP to be had very easily, sound tough as with a cam too.

Price, maybe bit more but not bymuch
Economy, worse than L67
Power, much better

MiggzvsC0MM0D0RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore executive
How much worse is the economy in the 5L?

EDIT: YES, I AM AWARE THIS IS THE STUPIDEST QUESTION ON EARTH, DON'T BOTHER ANSWERING IT. Its not my fault, i was young, and stupid:banstick: lol

Last edited:

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Hey guys.

I've been thinking about this for along time and I cant make up my mind, so imgoing to need some input.

Option 1: stroked and blown L67 manual.
Option 2:blown 5 litre manual.

When giving your input please factor in price, economy and power.

Help on this will be more then helpful.

Cheers guys

blown 5ltr.plenty of scope for more bhp at a later date,if you lucky you may get a blwon 5ltr out of a wreck? 5ltr all the way i say lol(only cause i own one lol) best of luck with your choice

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
ive always been a v8 fan so a blown 5ltr would be good, but i have a mate that has a 4.2ltr l67 in a wh statesman and even with the heavy car it sure packs a decent punch for a 6

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
I think it is just plain stupid spending anything more than just bolt on's for a V6.
IMO if you have to ask what motor you want then you probably don't need a motor.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged

if your after power its going to cost you in fuel, you cant have both, great fuel economy and wicked power.
Id go for the v8 tho.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Yet another pointless car that will never happen thread. If you are asking about that level of mods and then want to know about economy you aren't serious.

To answer your question - Fast 5 litre = lots of fuel. L67 going just as fast will use the same if not more fuel.

Reaper

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Stroked l67's are not value for money IMO. Your far better off spending it on a Whipple or on the factory blower setup.

As far as which engine to go with, both can get similar results with similar coin, just depends on what you prefer.

As for economy, the V6 is better in stock form, but if your chasing power both will be thirsty.

MiggzvsC0MM0D0RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore executive
Thank you must go to monkeys437, MR_VX, walsey, acarmody and justbad4you. You guys gave me helpful input as apposed to the other 2 who feel it's necessary to be snide. All I did was merely ask how the economy was on the 5ltr. There is nothing wrong with knowing what I will have to pay in fuel. As it stands at this point I'm going to throw economy out the door anyway and go with the stroked 5litre from C.O.M.E Racing. I'm not gonna bother charging it unless I feel its necessary. Again thanks for the input.