Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

enough coolant

corza3

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
gday got my radiator flushed yesterday in my vx calais 5.7, as it had the green coolant in it when i bought it but when i got it back last night on the bill it says they only put 2.5 litres of coolant in and i thought 5 litres was meant to go in, so now im a bit worried they either didnt flush it properly & only did the radiator and left green stuff in there or just didnt put enough coolant in, would it matter if they only put 2.5 litres in

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
gday got my radiator flushed yesterday in my vx calais 5.7, as it had the green coolant in it when i bought it but when i got it back last night on the bill it says they only put 2.5 litres of coolant in and i thought 5 litres was meant to go in, so now im a bit worried they either didnt flush it properly & only did the radiator and left green stuff in there or just didnt put enough coolant in, would it matter if they only put 2.5 litres in

I would be more concerned that they put green stuff back in it. You are not to use that coolant in LS1's.

Did they replace it with green coolant?

corza3

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
no they put the red stuff in but when they said they only needed to put 2 1/2 litres in i thought they might not have flushed it properly and left some green stuff in the block or somethin to only take the 2 1/2 litres. do you think it would be right or i was thinking bout reflushing it myself

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
possibly a 50/50 mix was put in?

2.5L coolant
2.5L water

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
should have took 5L

corza3

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
yer i thought it should of took 5 litres so i am just wondering what i should do or will it be right

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeh should have been bout 5 ltrs, do holden use a long life coolant or as said before maybe a 50/50 mix, i haven't done mine yet, but will be doing it soon as its 5 years old now. are the thermostates easy to do on a gen3? might do mine on mine when i do the coolant change.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
a lot of coolants are 50/50 concentrate.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
big scam- just about every bottle of coolant you pick up has water already added to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buy the PROPER concentrate and you will have the right amount in there...