Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Entering Blaupunkt Stereo Code (VZ Commodore 2005)

Adam92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
Hey guys,

I am hoping someone can help me out. I have spoken to the local Holden service centre and a car stereo store in town already but still no luck. I am having some problems trying to enter the security code on a stock Blaupunkt 6 disc stereo which came out of a friends VZ commodore. I also own a VZ commodore and the one in my car stopped reading discs. My mate just upgraded his sound system and gave me his functional unit for a six pack (I wish i had remembered the units were coded) Anyway he did not know the code, so i ended up paying $20 online for it. Long story short, the code i received was 8961 and the preset buttons on the units only go up to the number 6. I have tried pressing the 1 button 8 times as instructed, however this just loads 1111 into the screen and it goes into some sort of a test mode and turns off after a couple minutes, prompting me to then enter the code again. Does anyone know a way of creating the number 8 and 9, or have i paid $20 and a six pack for a headache?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry about the novel

Doc59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro
The stereo manual tells you how to enter the code but doesn't mention numbers over 6 (gives an example of 3651). Also you can enter 3 incorrect codes then it will show "LOCK OUT 1 HR" on the display. Say's you can obtain the pin from Holden with proof of ownership but that will probably cost more. So, sorry but no help from me really.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
That security code you have gotten is wrong, it should consist of four numbers in any sequence from 1 to 6....Eg 1425

To enter the code you just hit the radio station preset button which corresponds with the radio security code
If your radio code was 1425....
# Turn the ignition on to accessories
# Turn stereo on and when it displays "CODE"
# Hit preset button 1
# Hit preset button 4
# Hit preset button 2
# Hit preset button 5

It's not a lost cause though and Holden will probably charge you about $25, but at least the stereo will work in your car...…….
Get the VIN number of your mates car and go into Holden with it and they will be able to supply you with the correct security code for the stereo that came out of his car.
Your mate will probably have to tag along with his rego papers to provide "Proof of Ownership" of the car you are requesting the security code for

Last edited:

Adam92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
Spewing i thought that might have been the case but i was hoping it wasn't. Well thanks for your help guys, i appreciate it