Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Entire Dash Removal Help

smokin_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Hi again guys,
Can someone please post some info on where to start to take the dash apart on a VX. I can't seem to find any info on this on the net anywhere and was thinking i may have to buy a service manual...

Trying to get to the Heater Core.. even a typed description would be fantastic.

Thanks, Smokin :w00t:

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
An extremely big job like that would require a service/workshop manual. Would be much more helpful than any typed description that any of us can give you.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
I just completed the same job last weekend. the best thing u can do is get urself 1 of those manuals on CD worked a treat and was easy 2 understand. Its not as hard as it seems just time consuming.

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
I don't know where abouts you are but if you were in adelaide you could always leave it around the northern suburbs. In no time your dash will be out as well as your wheels, engine, come to think about it just about everything will be out and free of charge too.

nick3110

2.5" Catback
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S2
lol thats hilarious.. And entirely true, dam ppl of the dark skinned variety..

And yeh get urself a manual it shouldn't cost too much.. And it'll help when something breaks..

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
I had to take mine down to the heater core when I changed to VY carpet and fixed the stereo in place.
I didnt use a manual however.
Once you take the seats, console and glovebox/fusepanel out its pretty streight forward.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
I had to take mine down to the heater core when I changed to VY carpet and fixed the stereo in place.
I didnt use a manual however.
Once you take the seats, console and glovebox/fusepanel out its pretty streight forward.

The seats dont need 2 come out but in ur case i guess they would wen replacing carpet.

As said above then its just a matter of gettin the aircon vacumed out if u got any?, draining the coolent. Then disconecting the heater hoses, aircon lines from the fire wall and a couple bolts also alows u 2 take out the HVAC unit.

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
if ur in adelaide i can help u put. pm me if u need nething