Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] EOI: Supercharged manual buick 3.8

The_Monk

[DFCTVE]
Reaction score
Website
www.teamdefecticon.com
Members Ride
VR Calais/Vr Stato/80 Series Cruiser
ITEM: Supercharged 3.8 Buick

CONDITION: Used

PRICE: $1650

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Pickup only

PAYMENT OPTIONS: Cash only

CONTACT DETAILS: PM/Reply here or email me on tanu_king (at) hotmail.com, sick of timewasting pricks and spam messages so if you want my number email me or message me so I know you are at least semi serious.

OTHER INFO:

Before I pull it out to put the v8 in I would like to see if I have any interest in my current setup.

Its a VN S1 factory manual engine, still with 6 bolt flywheel, will include all my standard bolt ons including psteer pump, alternator, coilpack, headers, vn manual ecu, 5L injectors, etc. Was told the motor had a reground cam and ported heads, it sure does hammer with or without supercharger so I can certainly believe it.

Also included is my CRS supercharger kit, modified coilpack bracket, modified engine loom, etc. Along with un-needed extras like a good radiator, a/c condensor, overflow bottle so you could easily put it in a series 2 or a vp like me.

Have got a cooler and pipework as well, just need to make the flange to bolt onto the blower or cut the standard CRS pipe, I do have a set of the stock toyota pipes I was going to lop off and weld up which will also be included.

Can also include V6 K frame if needed, will be ready to bolt in and drive away as its running fine in my car. Has slight lifter noise when its cold but its a 3.8 so you get that.

Comes with a free oil leak from the sump gasket as well.

All coolant hoses/overflow/thermostat etc have been replaced, serviced very regularly.

Can be heard running/driven as it sits if anyones interested.

Manual box/clutch etc wont be included as i'm holding it for a mate, you do get the flywheel though.

Chasing $1650 with everything, thats pretty bloody cheap considering the blower kit alone was $2200 new.

PICTURES:

04272009014.jpg

The_Monk

[DFCTVE]
Reaction score
Website
www.teamdefecticon.com
Members Ride
The same type of charger setup on a standard vr v6 in my mates calais put out around the 125kw atw, auto as well. This one may have some engine work and comes with an intercooler kit too so should easily match that. Pretty sure I have a 12psi pulley here somewhere as well but you would def need a tune for that.

The_Monk

[DFCTVE]
Reaction score
Website
www.teamdefecticon.com
Members Ride
Should be coming out this weekend.

Chady

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive Series II Sedan
Would this go in my VR series 2?

The_Monk

[DFCTVE]
Reaction score
Website
www.teamdefecticon.com
Members Ride
Its a series 1 engine so you might have some wiring dramas to fit it into a vr.