Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Eonon Double Din Deck - Wheel controls?

Skeptical

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Hey guys,

I have purchased a "Cheap" Double Din import from a brand named Eonon, my mate has used them a bit and he reckons they are pretty decent so I thought I would use one as a place holder for the time being before I have the money to really do up my car.

I just purchased the DD205 - D2205 6.95 Inch Motorized Digital Touch Screen 2 Din Car DVD Player

My questions is will this work with my cars steering wheel controls? I am driving a 2000 Executive VX.

Is there any workarounds to get it to work if it does not come with stock methods of working? Any custom mods or anything?

Many thanks

Skeptical.

aazn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
yes you can...
you will need a PAC system SWI-X

the infrared system.
if you want a cheap one.. jump on USebay

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
installations a piece of cake..... power wire, behind stereo, earth wire behind stereo, think it had a acccessory wire as well.... and one other wire to the wiring harness of the stereo (think it was white wire to brown wire).... intructions are easy to ready tho and there is a how to on here somewhere which i followed originally.. worked first go

Skeptical

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Thanks for the replies guys - Instead of making a new thread I thought I would ask here.

Where can I get an adaptor for the leads from the Head unit to the commodore? I thought it would be fairly universal but it is not and I would prefer not to pull of the part and wire them all together manually.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

aazn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
from memory you had to earth a wire and than put white onto brown or something.. dont quote me but its quite easy.

if you want to make your job easier, get a ISO plug and plug it into your existing loom, and add your eonon loom onto this loom.. i have one here you can have for $10 posted.
Ryda Car Audio - Aerpro Holden Commodore Wiring Harness($12.40)

davekinnell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
HI Guys new on here i have the same head unit in my vy just wondering if you have had any trouble i cant seem to upload screen savers or pictures and memory wont save..

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I had a similar unit in my lancer and it's a common fault/design screw up where it doesnt save your settings for each time you turn the car on. I guess you do get what you pay for. Mine was only $150 brand new where most name brands sit around the $1000 mark.