Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Eprom/Memcal Swticher

markER717

Un-Donated Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8L VN Calais S1
Hey guys, I'm looking to run an eprom/memcal switcher on my car, to run dual fuel. I have a manual v6 commodore and I want to, when I flick the gas switch to change eprom/memcals to the gas one, and when vice versa, anyone done this before? would it be that hard?

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
quite easy to do, what you want is called bank switching.
double the size of the eprom, stack the 2 bins you want to use into 1 file and burn it.
you'll need to isolate the pin you are using to switch the banks and solder a 4.7K resistor between the pin and a positive source to pull it high.
solder a wire to this pin and run it to your switch and ground the other side of the switch, this will give you 2 banks

as there are a few choices of eprom size depending on what bin you are basing it all on and what address pin (A14, A15 ect) you will use to switch.

the pic below shows how to achieve 2 x 512KB bins for an auto VR, never got around to finishing this project off but the idea was to run 2 completely different maps for pwr and eco modes instead of just changing trans parameters like the stock memcal does.

ebs.jpg

Last edited: