Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EPS Recall, car needs wheel alignment?

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
Hi,

I recently got my car back from the power steering recall and they replaced the motor and something else, and they noted that my car pulls to the left. I didn't think it did beforehand but it might've, not sure.

After browsing on facebook in a VF group, it seems many others have had their car back from the recall and their car now pulls either left or right. Some people have commented that there was meant to be a wheel alignment after changing anything in the steering, and some have actually received that wheel alignment.

Was a wheel alignment meant to be done after the recall? Has anyone else noticed their car pull to one side after the recall? I've uploaded screenshots of what some people have been saying.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1254.PNG
    IMG_1254.PNG
    452.2 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_1255.PNG
    IMG_1255.PNG
    473.3 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_1256.PNG
    IMG_1256.PNG
    545.8 KB · Views: 332

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Have you noticed the car feels different, takes more effort and concentration to keep it in a straight line?
If so, take the car back to the dealer and tell them it's not good enough, it didn't pull to the left before they worked on it and you expect them to rectify the issue at their cost.

If you have been loyal to this dealer for all your servicing requirements then threaten to take your business elsewhere if they won't come to the party.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Do you think it pulls to the left?

They probably put the wheel back on crooked or something.

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
takes more effort and concentration to keep it in a straight line?
Yes definitely, but I think that's because now that it has been brought to my attention that it does pull to the left. As I said it might've pulled to the left before going in for the recall, but I can't really remember.

If so, take the car back to the dealer and tell them it's not good enough, it didn't pull to the left before they worked on it
True. It didn't get picked up on the service that was done a few months before... might be grounds to say that it only happened after the recall!

If you have been loyal to this dealer for all your servicing requirements then threaten to take your business elsewhere if they won't come to the party.
I've still got warranty for the car, would it be covered under that?

Do you think it pulls to the left?
Yes it definitely does now that it has been noted.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
As I said it might've pulled to the left before going in for the recall, but I can't really remember.

Only my personal opinion, however, I believe if the vehicle was pulling to the left before the recall rectification work was performed it is something you would definitely remember.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
They probably have not done the alignment.
When mine goes in i will be taking it straight to tyrepower after they do it and getting it done.
I would rather pay $70 and have it checked than have to replace tyres.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
When mine goes in i will be taking it straight to tyrepower after they do it and getting it done.

It's probably worth going to a proper suspension joint for an alignment after fairly major steering work like this. I just don't know that I'd trust a tyre place to do it properly. YMMV..

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF2 Commodore Calais V8
It's probably worth going to a proper suspension joint for an alignment after fairly major steering work like this. I just don't know that I'd trust a tyre place to do it properly. YMMV..
I own a 2015 VF 2 Calais V8.Does the EPS Recall apply to my vehicle and, if so, is this recall very recent? This is the first Ive heard of it!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If they touched the rack, yes alignment afterwards....If it was just the pump, not necessary for them to align it, as the pump doesn't effect the suspension settings.

As for the left pull.....Difficult one....I have found that people tend to pick up on these things, when a car has been in for a recall, like this, yet the car has always done it....Might be best you take it for a check where ever you feel comfortable and find out why the car does go left.

Finally, NO, I don't work for Holden....I have been aligning cars for more years than I care to remember....I've only written this, from years of experience, not as a defence for Holden, or any other car manufacturer

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I own a 2015 VF 2 Calais V8.Does the EPS Recall apply to my vehicle and, if so, is this recall very recent? This is the first Ive heard of it!
Have a look at productsafety.gov.au and you should find the VF EPS recall which should provide all the details you need. Your vehicle is in the recall window so have a look at the vin list or give HCC a call.

As a side note, usually when there is a recall, impacted vehicle owners are sent a letter. Why you didn’t get a letter is anyone’s guess...