Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

erratic indicators ???

M

Moose II

Hi...hope you guys can help with a problem we have,
A friend of mine has a 97 VT wagon and sometimes as he drives along, the indicators come on, but not in the normal "tic tok tic tok" way, but very erratic, very fast, just like if your holding the indicator stalk down but just not enough.
This can happen at any time, but seems to be related to steering wheel movements however minor they are. to rectify the problem he has to turn on the indicators then turn them off (confusing following motorists) :unsure: and it seems ok until next time it happens......
Can anyone suggest anything?

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
came across this heaps at holen once vt's started to get older. you'll find it's the indicator stalk itself that's faulty and needs replacing. easy enough to DIY.
once replaced will be fine.

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
never had to replace a relay in 8 years on a vt for this problem

matrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Acclaim
check ALL indicator bulbs, in the manual it says that if a bulb is blown it will flash faster. then replace the three pin relay in section near s/wheel.
mine was doing similar thing bulbs were fine- replace relay- all good now

M

Moose II

You guys are great, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
what would I do without you??? :bang:
:) Thanks heaps, this will save me time and money.. :)

S

seaworthy

yep, my WH was doing this, only for right turns tho which suggests to me its worn out and probably just the indicator stick sagging a little downwards

really was quite an annoying problem for a while but its gone away by itself for now