Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Error Code 31 - Theft Deterrent Signal Missing

QIKAZZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Enhanced V8
i havent no, but i might give it a go, seems strange though, although the problem did start occuring after the battery went flat from sitting around to much, we just jump started it, and I havent let it run flat again, also that was the same time my alarm system stopped working (the siren no longer sounds, the indicators still flash etc), so im sure its all related.

Cheers

Azz

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
QIKAZZ said:
I have a photocopy of the theft deterent system page out of a auto elec manual, but it states in there 2 different things, and im not sure what one my vehicle would have, also where is it located on the car?

The page mentions a "body control module (low series) and it looks like the receiver is built into it, the other one there is a Theft deterrent module and a body control module (high series), and they are 2 seperate parts.

Which one would be fitted to my VR Series II 1995? Its a V8 if that makes any diff?

Some help would be great.

Cheers

Azz

Executive models have the low series BCM and luxury models like Berlina and Calais have the high series. There is a mid series as well but I think its more similar to the low series than high just with some extra bits... maybe power windowsl? cruise control?

In any case if its not Berlina or Calais then you should follow the low series diagrams in your manual.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
QIKAZZ said:
I have a photocopy of the theft deterent system page out of a auto elec manual, but it states in there 2 different things, and im not sure what one my vehicle would have, also where is it located on the car?

The page mentions a "body control module (low series) and it looks like the receiver is built into it, the other one there is a Theft deterrent module and a body control module (high series), and they are 2 seperate parts.

Which one would be fitted to my VR Series II 1995? Its a V8 if that makes any diff?

Some help would be great.

Cheers

Azz

ive got a MID in my 1993 v6 vr executive (was in there since i bought car so i guess its original), taske the steering/fuse cover off and pull the bcm out it should say on the front low mid etc im pretty sure

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vy Senator Signature 5.7lt auto
Hey guys I have the same problem with my vr Calais, I just bought a new key and had it programmed like a week ago and now I have this error. Why could this be? Should I go back to the dealer and get it reprogrammed or would it be another problem?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hey guys I have the same problem with my vr Calais, I just bought a new key and had it programmed like a week ago and now I have this error. Why could this be? Should I go back to the dealer and get it reprogrammed or would it be another problem?

if you are not having starting issues the code probably wasnt cleared when the key was programmed, once the key has been programmed thats it it cant be done again.
if you have starting problems check to make sure the contacts around the ignition have good contact with the key.
Rob

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vy Senator Signature 5.7lt auto
if you are not having starting issues the code probably wasnt cleared when the key was programmed, once the key has been programmed thats it it cant be done again.
if you have starting problems check to make sure the contacts around the ignition have good contact with the key.
Rob

Thanx for the help there but I am not having starting problems and I took the key back to Holden and they said its not our problem so we cant help you and said they would do there own diagnostic test and charge me for it. I honestly thought the person I talked to was a rude B!@#h. I just did a check again today and I still have error 31 so the problem is still there. Do you know what I could do now(other then to blow up Holden):whistling

Billbug

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR executive wagon
I had the same problem last week after I replaced the ECM. After fixing the connection from neg. batt. terminal to chassis it fixed this and other problems I had, including poor fuel economy (please read my threads re computer problems for enlightenment). Regards,