Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

error code 43, knock sensors help

dan666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2
starting a new thread think my old think my one died,
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...re-1997-2002/126195-how-read-error-codes.html
so ive tested for error codes and im getting codes 31,43,92
im most concerned about the knock sensors 43, if any one could advise me as to what my next move should be. What reasons are there for getting code 43? Are knock sensors something i can replace?

symptoms driving car include; slight misfire, shudders espicialy when car moves off the mark n also at beginging of gears or up hills, runs better cold, dosnt freely rev when motor warms up

any help appreciated :)

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Your knock sensors are cutting the guts out of the timing. Have you had a bad batch of fuel ?

I thought the knock sensors were usually mounted in the valley but I honestly have never seen the v6 ones.

First thing I would do is reset the computer. On a cold engine in your case, disconnect the battery terminals for at least 30 seconds, then start it up and sit on 2000rpm for 60 seconds. If the ocmputer has reset properley, it will feel a bit sluggish at first, then slowly it will rev more for the same throttle opening as the computer advances it's timing within it's preset parameters.

dan666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2
Havent had a bad batch of fuel that i know of, but i have been trying to eleminate this missfire problem since forever, im yet to check coils though. Seems like ive checked nearly everything else haha.
Yeah knock sensors are sorta under the headers, think thats the best way i can describe it.
Thanks i'll try that n report back :)

dan666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2
cleared the code, car still misses. then went for drive and knock senors 43 is back :(
i'll get the coil tested soon