Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Error Code 85

misha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
Hi
Have a VT wagon and I have checked error codes and one of them is 85. How easy is this to fix? Do I need to change the transmission completely or is there something easier to do? Please help! Thanks

misha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
Hi
I just thought I would let you know that it has had a transmission service just done. So oils and filter in brand new condition.
Thanks

WhiteOx

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS II Acclaim
Error code 85 ???

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Hi
Have a VT wagon and I have checked error codes and one of them is 85. How easy is this to fix? Do I need to change the transmission completely or is there something easier to do? Please help! Thanks
I doubt you will need to replace the transmission. It might be just one faulty component. I can't remember what code 85 means, I've searched the forum for the answer but as usual I can't find what I'm looking for.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
Fault 85 measures the difference between engine rpm and transmission rpm and indicates slipping,
possible causes are miles long the only thing you can check is low fluid.
As it has just been serviced it is possible some "dirt" has been dislodged and is now blocking a valve open or the filter didn't seal properly, take it back to where it was serviced