Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Error code's help

DeiCide

DeiCide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 L67
I just did a error read out on my vt series 1 and got:

13 - RH 02 missing
14 - ECT High
15 - ECT Low
16 - ECT Unstable
17 - ECT circuit
18 - Linear EGR flow check
19 - TPS stuck
21 - TPS high

more than I wanted to see.. :unsure:
I was hoping someone could shed some light on what could be the cause...
The car drives fine, never had any troubles.

I know I can replace the 02 sensor to fix error 13, but how do I go about fixing the ECT problems ??? also the EGR thing as well ?
Is it bad to drive with these conditions?

if anyone can help out would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
they might be old codes reset the ecu and do a code check again first

DeiCide

DeiCide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 L67
I just reset the codes for the 2nd time now and they still come up.
At ignition 'on' all lights engage then dissappear except the (!) and the drivetrain looking one and then chimes.
the first time i reset i had 'service error' come up, but has since gone.

The car's fuel pump is almost dead I'm told (takes a few cranks to start only when fuel presure is low, eg. cold start) so could that be contributing?
The Trans fluid is topped up and very clean, Trans shifts perfect every time... so dunno why these codes are coming up...

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
13.RH 02 Missing..... check O2 Sensor on Right Hand Side Of Engine Bay, it may of been disconnected, if not disconnected replace.
14,15,16- Check Coolant Temp Sensor, these errors are often caused by the coolant sensor not being correctly fitted, or wires not connected properly. if none of these faults exsist. check code 17 - If Code 17 is present renew ECU, and test for 14,15,16 again.

Code 18, remove egr valve and check for carbon deposists, check voltages at EGR Value, if no errors renew EGR Valve. (already renewed ECU from code 17)
19- Check throttle body, if throttle body and cables for smooth operation, clean as necessary, test again for code 19.
Code 21, Check voltages between terminal b11 on ECU, and E16 on ecu with throttle at fully closed, if the voltage is not above, 2.5 Volts, disconnected TPS wiring connectors redo test.
if voltage is not below .2 volts check the wiring between the TPS and ECU if not fault found, then renew ecu.
if voltage is below, check wires for continuity to earth, at tps terominal B with ignition on. if there is no faults renew the TPS, if the the code is still present renew ECU...

I think the first step is just to renew the ECU and see if that works, then there is no need to test all other components, if codes still present, renew affected sensors.

while your there you might want to renew the fuel pump as well, but it would not be causing the ECU faults.