Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Error Codes = Problem with Trans

dazza33

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Wagon
A few weeks back had an issue where my trans was struggling to change into 2nd or 3rd, it would but stuffed around a bit in the process. Took it to a trans place, and he couldn't see anything wrong with it, the trans that is. Did say that there was an error code relating to the air flow meter, he re-set the error codes and bingo all good. Well another week and half has gone by and the problem with the trans has re-occurred, this morning I disconnected the - pole on the battery to re-set the error code and all good again. Could it really be possible the air flow meter is causing this do you think, yeah sure could take it to a mechanic and have them change the air flow meter and it does nothing, if I though it was a distinct possibility then I would just replace it myself minus the cost of the labor and if it wasn't it cop the cost of the part only, $40, could live with that.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You can check your own ECU/PCM error codes.Theres a download in this link that shows you how to do this quick,easy test..
---https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/checking-error-codes-vt-vx.23665---
If the same error code keeps coming back after clearing it,then check the wiring and connectors etc going to the sensor or whatever item the error code says has the problem.If theres no problem with the wiring or connectors going the the air flow meter,the next step is to replace the air flow meter.They can get damaged or just fail for whatever reason.Id try to borrow one and see how it goes then.If it fixes the problem,you just have to replace the faulty one.

Burnout124

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2/ VY SS 6sp
Had a problem like it on my wife's car you can easely change the air flow meter all you need is a flat head screwdriver would only take 5