Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

error codes

markandsam

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl & vr commodore
done a diagnostic check , got error codes 48 & 49 , cam sensor & crank angle sensor. Does this mean they need replacing? does anybody know how much? thanks

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
I dont think it would be running very well if the Crank angle sensor and Cam angle sensor were faulty.
I would reset the computer and take it for a drive to see if it logs those codes again

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
It would be cam OR crank sensor. But can sometimes be due to faulty DFI module as both sensors run in series to the DFI module. Trust me i found out the hard way! (like 4 crank sensors later). I would clean up the wiring connector to the DFI by lightly sanding the male pins in the connector and spray some contact cleaner. If still no go change the crank sensor as its so common its not funny.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
IBLOWN said:
It would be cam OR crank sensor. But can sometimes be due to faulty DFI module as both sensors run in series to the DFI module. Trust me i found out the hard way! (like 4 crank sensors later). I would clean up the wiring connector to the DFI by lightly sanding the male pins in the connector and spray some contact cleaner. If still no go change the crank sensor as its so common its not funny.

as well as this make sure the terminals at both sensors are clean & tight

Rob

markandsam

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl & vr commodore
vn6pwr said:
I dont think it would be running very well if the Crank angle sensor and Cam angle sensor were faulty.
I would reset the computer and take it for a drive to see if it logs those codes again

it has been running a bit rough lateley , ok round town , but when you get up to 80km's it fells like its gonna run out of petrol & cough's a bit .apart from that is runing ok still.

Naughty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ACCLAIM S2
The crank angle sensor will make the car cut out, yeah it feels like its not getting enough petrol & coughs abit sometimes when ya give it a burst but other than that it ran fine. I've just had mine fixed 2 codes were coming up but it was because of the crank angle sensor being faulty, it could be the same

CHANDLC

BushBasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 V6 VS LEXCEN
I'm with u IBLOWN, i also found out the hard way but had slightly differnt prob changing crank sensore first $250, then spark and leads $120 still had same problem, changed coils $150, still the same done the leads and spark again still the same, new DFI $530 still the same any way in the end changed spark plugs from NGK to Bosh super 4 and haven't had a prob since.